Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blog Hop!-A Favorite Recipe!

I think the Blog Hop is a lot of fun! My favorite recipe is Italian Casserole. I make it and we eat on it until it is gone! I love it and it never gets old. It is always a hit!

Here is the recipe for Italian Casserole. This is a Connie Aclin original. It is YUM-tastic!

1 lb. ground chuck
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 pkge. vermicelli noodles
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cottage cheese

Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion (I buy the pre-chopped frozen onions b/c I don't like to chop onions!) After it is cooked, add spaghetti sauce.

I would have the noodles boiling while I am browning the meat b/c they take a while. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese.

After everything is mixed and cooked....Pour the noodles in a 9x13 pan

Next layer is the "white mixture." Top it off with the spaghetti sauce. Bake in a 350 degree oven until hot.

It is a winner every time! I love it...it was a college favorite (and still is)!




MckLinky Blog Hop


13 comments:

  1. great idea, i'm always looking for new casseroles to try. they are great during the fall & winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try it for sure, looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe! I do the same thing but, to mix it up a bit I add lasagna noodles.
    So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Your recipe sounds delish.. I have written it down to try, thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that does sound good :)


    Stopping by via the blog hop to check out your recipe.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/random-blurbs-and-smores.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good!!

    Wanted to say HI to a fellow Louisiana blogger!!

    Blog hopping along....

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks fantastic! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy, Lindsey!! I like trying new yet easy to prepare recipes. I am trying to learn as many national dishes while we are here in Europe. I am finding cooking more and more fun every day. Hope you are well, miss you! PS: Do you happen to have Denise Butlers email address? Fiona ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds delicious! I am coming from Fi's blog and I had to comment b/c I LOVE new recipes. I just don't know if I can get cottage cheese here in Germany...hmmm... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great! But I am a little disappointed you didn't document a picture of the finished product!! :) I will print this recipe and we will try it next week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so yummy!!!!Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...