Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fun Fourth!

This 4th of July weekend was so much fun! We started off on Friday just lounging around with Neil. We were so glad he was off work for the holiday! We love getting to spend time with Daddy! We went to Gymboree as a family for our big Level 2 class! I think everyone had the same idea because all the dad's came! They had fun helping them play baby soccer and musical babies! Later on, we had the Buteau's over to grill. It was fun to have a laid back dinner and discuss our plans for Saturday.

On Saturday morning, Dad came over for a patriotic breakfast.

After breakfast, the Doughty's came over. I have been wanting to meet their sweet Garrett since he was born at the first of May. He is the most precious baby!

Bennett liked his friend Garrett. He was grabbing his ear!
Switch-a-roo! I'm holding Garrett and Yitin is holding Bennett!

We went to Neil's Aunt Catherine's house for the 4th. Mom went with us too. The whole Lewis clan was out there. We had a great day playing in the pool and the lake. The Earnest's and Renee Boswell even came over for a visit. They jet-skied down to see us! We ate so much food! Everyone brought a few home made items and we had a feast. I made stuffed strawberries and a fruit pizza. They were a hit and didn't bring any of it home.

(Couldn't get this picture to turn the correct way)

We took Bennett for his first boat ride too. He fell asleep at first, but then woke up to watch me ski! I can't believe I got up on skis! I haven't skied in ages. It took me 3 times, but I finally got up! Jack and Neil went out on the tube and Jack was so brave! They flew off the tube about 3 times and he was smiling the whole time!

Here are some pitcures from our fun day.

Gigi and Bennett

Rebecca, Kelly, Connor, Chad, Janine, Amanda, and Carolyn.

Awesome tubers! Jack was so brave!
The SIL's with our matching cover-ups!
Bennett, Rebecca, and Missy
Mommy and Bennett. This was Bennett's first boat ride!
Gammy, Bennett, and Mommy! That's Rebecca in the background.

We ended the day with a BIG fireworks show! Billy put on a really nice fireworks show. I tried to get everyone to sing patriotic tunes, but no one was really into that.

Happy Independence Day to everyone! I am so thankful for our freedom!

3 comments:

  1. Looks fun! Those strawberries sound yummo--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Garrett and Bennett is just makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...