Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cake Decorating Graduates

At our last class, we learned the Wilton Rose. It was so hard! I think I will leave cake decorating up to the professionals!

Mom dropped her cake in the parking lot because she slipped in the rain. We all just sampled her cake throughout the night.
Laurie was really good that the rose.
Here is my cake! This is not how it is supposed to look. It was supposed to have a bouquet of roses with a bow. Oh well. Dad took this one to his meeting so I had to hurry! I made 1 rose and some leaves. My rose sort of looked like a blob.
To kick it up a notch, I dyed my cake batter pink!

Here are the graduates after class.
Me: "Why am I getting a certificate? I couldn't make the Wilton Rose."
Teacher: "Well you get one because you came to every class."
Me: "No, actually I missed last week's class."
Teacher: "Well you just get one for signing up for the class."

So, I guess I will take my certificate. I may even hang it up like Michael Scott hung up his certificate of purchase for the watch that he bought.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the dialogue between you and the teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You did great! It looks so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute that Neil comments on your blog! I think your cake looks really tasty! You are a decorating expert....you have the certificate to prove it!
    I am sorry about your moms cake, but it looks tasty too!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...