Monday, July 27, 2009

Ghetto Shreveport


***Update to Post!...Neil was checking the mail this afternoon and my wallet was in the mailbox! Hooray for Good Samaritans!***

This morning I woke up to Neil telling me that my car had been broken in to. My purse was on the front seat and they stole it. It is easy to be mad at myself for leaving it there, but some criminal SHOULDN'T STEAL! Neil has been telling me to bring my purse in at night too. I had been bringing it in for while. I guess I thought it was OK sitting in my locked car in my carport. I was wrong. I am just so thankful that my camera and rings weren't in there! I had just gotten a new wallet last week and it had my $2 bills in it from Christmas, my credit card, debit card, SS card, and ID cards. I am just worried about identity theft. I cancelled all of the cards and will be getting a new license today in Ruston. I go to Ruston because it takes about 5 minutes compared to the 2 hours you wait in Shreveport!

Here is all the glass all over my car! Neil went and vacuumed it out for me.
Officer Garber was so nice this morning. He came over and took fingerprints. He said that we should start taking everything out of the car and leave it unlocked from now on.
This is a little foggy, but you can see the shards of glass on my passenger window. It is being fixed right now at Nall's glass. They are the only ones who could fix it this morning. I had to have it done fast because I have to be in Ruston at 12:30 today for class!

It was hard to stay mad when you have this cutie smiling at you! He is wearing Neil's hat.

5 comments:

  1. The scary part to me is how these people will just walk right up to your house and go into your carport! I don't like the thought of strange people lurking around your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey that sucks! Hopefully they catch that thief. I really despise dishonest people. I'm glad that yall are ok though!---side note, how do you get people to be able to leave a comment without them having to have a blogger account?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That is so scary to think that some stranger was so close to your personal space! Typically, those types of thieves aren't smart enough to steal identities, but the going rate for identity information on the streets is like $15 or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's nice someone returned your wallet! At least you'd taken out the camera and rings those are things you can't replace!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...