Thursday, May 14, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Fridays-Guest Rooms!

This home tour thing that Kelly is hosting is just so much fun to me! I really like touring everyone homes and showing ours too! Our guest room became our guest room when we found out I was pregnant! Bennett's room used to be our guest room. The guest room used to be our office. We moved our "office" into the deep closet in our guest room. It looks like there is going to be an office edition so, I will hold off on that today! Here we go:

This used to be our bed until we "outgrew" it! We really like our king-size bed! When I saw these panels at Target a couple years ago-I had to get them! This room used to be red, but I really didn't love it. We changed it to ivory when we made it the guest room. I got the pillows at Hobby Lobby (my fav!) a few months ago.

This "night stand" is really our filing cabinet! The vase is from Hobby Lobby. The front picture is of Neil and me and it is the very first picture we ever took. We look so young in it.


This the corner in front of the bed. We got the chair from World Market. We had the chaise lounge that matched it, but I sold it on Craig's List when I got pregnant! There was no room for it with the bed and all.


We love having guests! Please come over and stay a while...if you don't mind a screaming baby at times!

20 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I love love love your curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shreveport?
    I'm in Bossier.
    We need to find some other local Bloggers and plan to meet sometime. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I'm in Bossier.
    We need to gather all the local bloggers together and meet sometime. Would you be interested?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the curtains in your room - so cute! We love our king bed too - I wish I had a queen sometimes but the older my kids get it makes for room for the Saturday morning pile up - everyone seems to want to come and jump on our bed the minute they wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that 'nightstand' idea is so clever!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your room-especially the curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your guest room...I have done absolutely nothing with ours, in fact it's become Don's room, yikes. Anyway, sweet pics. I love your blog, you have inspired me, I will get back to blogging this weekend.

    PS...You have such a precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok and one more thing..how did you get your pic in your banner? It looks great. And what is that website with all the blog designs...Like I said you've inspired me, I'm serious about my blogging now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The filing cabinet is so clever! I am going to have to snag that idea. I just finished my project, so I am about to post my guest bedroom~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindsey what a beautiful guest room! I just adore the drapes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute job you have done. I really like the colors - and the curtains as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this room. Black and white makes me crazy happy!! Add in the damask...and I'm completely smitten. Love your blog too...btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those curtains are great! I love your nightstand/filign cabinet idea! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! We share a love for black and white/ivory :) Yours is one of the blogs I remember from week to week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute room! I love that you and your husband still have the first picture you took together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...