Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Fridays-Living Room Edition!

We are to Week 2 of Kelly's "Show Us Where You Live Fridays!" I can't tell you how excited I have been about this. I tell people about it who don't even blog or read blogs! I have even gotten a few comments from people that I don't know...it is so COOL! I know I am such a blog dork! Anyway, here are some pictures of our living rooms.

This is our "front living room." We really don't do much living in here. Most things in this room are hand-me downs! We didn't have much when we moved in so, our parents gave us random things.

I tried to get a full shot of the room so it's a little crooked. The couch was from my mom's storage unit. I found the curtains at JC Penney. I am hoping to get the faux wood blinds soon. I have been saying that for 2 1/2 years now. I need to get on that!

I made some adjustments to the top of this buffet today.

The painting is from a little furniture store in Ruston. We received so many gifts from there for our wedding-we were able to take duplicates back to get this! I really like it. I just need more on this wall because it is SO big and bare. Any ideas? The table with the twisty legs used to be a really light pine color. Neil's parents gave us that and the chair with the blanket over it. Neil sanded the table and re-stained it. The lamp on the table is from my friend's garage sale. Her mom works at Montgomery Interiors and the lady who owns it puts things from the store in the garage sale. I got this lamp for $5!! Let me get off my soapbox and get back to the chair. I want a new chair instead of the blanket covered one. I just haven't seemed to find the perfect thing for that space.

I just made some adjusements to this table. I got to pick up Bennett's portraits today so I re-did a lot of the tables around the house today!


When we moved in, Neil's parents let us pick out a rug and coffee/end tables for our house warming gift. This coffee table and the end tables next to the couch were part of the gift. The buffet at the end of the room is my favorite! It holds all of my scrapbooks from high school up to Bennett's birth. That lamp on it was also $5 from the same garage sale!


Neil's parents also gave us the 2 lamps on the side tables. They were in their house for years! I would have turned on that lamp next to the door but, it has a short and no longer works! That is our front door. We hardly ever use it!


Here is the living room where we "live!" We got these shelves and entertainment console from World Market about 2 years ago. I ALWAYS change out my apothecary jars on top with the season. After Easter, I can never think of anything to put in them until Independence Day! So, they are empty at the moment. Neil was watching "My Boy Jack" when I took this picture. This is the view when you walk in from the kitchen. Also, that crystal candy jar is always filled with peanut M&M's. Sometimes I mix it up and add peanut butter ones...these are NOT Neil's favorite!


This is our love seat in between the door to the kitchen and the door to the hall. We have been looking for something to go over this love seat for 2 years and have not found anything yet. A couple weeks ago we decided we would paint something... Oh Goodness! That is a post all to itself! This rug was our house-warming gift from Neil's parents.


Here is the couch where we spend most of our nights. I gave this coffee table to Neil for his birthday about 5 years ago. I love this painting too. Some say that is it not "original!" I call it an "original" but we have seen it numerous places! Amy's mom made the green pillows for my birthday one year!


Here is a table that sits in the corner of the room. The top is pretty full! I used to have it on the other side of the room. We moved it to put up our Christmas tree and haven't moved it back.


The corner where the plant is is where the table above used to be. These doors open to our patio and back yard. I bought some fabric to have roman shades made but haven't gotten around to getting them made! The little play mat in the corner is a Bennett favorite!!

Thanks for stopping by our house!!! See you next week!

22 comments:

  1. First - could your family get any cuter???
    Second- I love your living room - you have great style!! Everything is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a great job of arranging the photos and decorative items on the tables! I need help with that. What a great space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your room!! I love that picture at the top of your blog!! Thanks for sharing and you have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cozy room, I love the pop of color that picture gives, love it. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the table with the twisted legs and the little cabinet for your scrapbooks-you have a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your artwork over the sofa!! Very pretty room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took a bunch of really awesome pics of my LR, but then realized that my memory card wasn't in the camera! Now I've got a knee patient on my couch, so he just might have to be in the retakes. I hope it's ok if I get my pics in later today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we have hand-me-downs from our parents in our "front" living room too! thank goodness for parents. when we mvoed in we didn't have much b/c we moved from a tiny house! some of it i want to get rid of and get new stuff, but i'm too cheap! haha.

    i love the jars-- you could put some bright colored flower petals in them until fourth of july. i seen that once somewhere and it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice living rooms! I like your style. Love the apothecary jars and your idea of changing the contents with the seasons. Gonna have to get some of those! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your room! thanks for having us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your decorating! How do you keep little hands from "arranging" your things? Mine always end up in interesting arrangements if I leave them low enough!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute house! Also, I love the name Bennett! It is on my list of boy names if I have another boy! :) Thanks for having us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! you have two amazing rooms! I really liekt hem both however the sitting room with all hand me downs is awesome! IT is so warm & electic! Great style! You have a beautiful family by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for sharing! i love your apothecary jars! and your framed cross is beautiful! have a happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. everything looks great! I love the artwork.. Martha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great room! I love all of your picture frames and how you've arranged them...very nice! I love how warm it feels!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...