Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Next Chapter

I know I've said it before and I'll say it again...I am just so happy to have a part-time gig where I can take care of my family!  The guilt I had for 5 years working full time while my babies were growing up was just awful.  I hated missing programs and parties and taking care of them when they were sick.  

I totally know that The Lord orchestrated my new job because it totally fell in my lap.  There is just no other way to explain it.  It was something I didn't even know I was looking for.  I am getting to work Tuesday-Thursday 9-2 so that I can take and pick up my kids from school.  The first day back to school we got up, lounged around, and made pancakes with sprinkles and whipped cream!  I was almost in tears I was so excited.  I just really never thought I would get this opportunity.  



Moving on to the first week of school for kids...I don't know how in the world I would have ever pulled off working and accomplished what I did this week with Neil out of town!  Thankfully, Mom is here helping me!

Monday: Henry's 3rd birthday, birthday breakfast, 3 year well check-up, unexpected trip to hospital for bone age scan, birthday lunch at Chick-fil-a, K-3 ice cream social, scheduled Henry's MRI, got home to NO POWER, sat in driveway for an hour, and Johnny's for birthday dinner

Tuesday: Back to school breakfast at home, Henry's first day of K-3 until 11:30,  Boo-hoo breakfast that I've never been able to attend but got to this year, Bennett's kindergarten test at his new school, lunch with FBCS friends, and then home for dinner, bath, and bed

Wednesday: (SK was UP ALL NIGHT!) Henry's second half day of K-3, dental appointment for both boys, unexpected news that Bennett needs a crown on Thursday, picked up nap mat, and ran by Johnny Black's for second opinion on tooth.

Thursday: (SK was UP ALL NIGHT!) Henry's third half day of K-3, drove to Bossier for Bennett's dental appointment with sedation that lasted 3 hours, picked up Henry, lunch, and home to wait for furniture delivery, and read "The Night Before Kindergarten!"

Friday: Henry's fourth half day of K-3, Bennett's first day of big school ever (tear), Cheers and Tears breakfast with Gammy, picked up everyone, Frozen Frog for first week of school celebration, and then I fell over from exhaustion.

I am so glad I documented this.  I am so THANKFUL that I get to do all these milestone things for my people.  Yippee for the next chapter of the Lewis crew!  



1 comment:

  1. The mommy guilt of being a full time working mom and juggling raising your children is awful. I'm so glad you are able to do more things with your kids, and I'm so glad my job is semi-flexible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...