Sunday, August 10, 2014

Bull Buteau Skeet Shoot

After talking about it for a few years we decided to have a girl team at the Bull Buteau Skeet Shoot!  We decided to enter before we even learned how to shoot a gun...but we had our monogrammed shirts planned so that's all that matters, right?  We had a wonderful time supporting a great cause and being with friends.  I can see us entering tournaments all over the city now that we actually know how to load a gun and fire it!

I was proud of myself for hitting 18/102!  Almost 20%!  Neil thought I was going to tell him that I only hit 5 or something so he was impressed too.  Mary Catherine was the winner of our team with 37 hits!  She is an old pro!  Way to go, Buckshot Babes!!!  I can't wait for next year!

We learned how to load and shoot the guns 2 days before at the camp.  Andre cooked and threw skeet.  Trey and Neil were the expert gun safety advisers.



We pulled up bright and early Saturday morning to about 50 trucks with trailers, rangers, and carts.  My kind of party right here.  Oh, and the country music...I love the south!  I will have to say that I was a little intimidated and nervous, but then I just felt so cool knowing I was actually participating!
We were feeling super confident because we knew just what to do.  But, we got to our first station and had forgotten shotgun shells and our score card.  Luckily Erinn is married to the guy running the show so he brought what we needed.  Thankfully Trey put Andre and Sutton with us and they were a huge help.  I decided their team name would be "Buckshot Babes Assistants!"

I am shooting my dad's 20 gauge and wearing a sweet shotgun pouch.
Our team: Mary Catherine, Jennifer, Leigh, me, and Erinn

Nana and Granddad brought the boys out.  Gammy kept SK for me.

Looking official!

Neil said "I thought you were getting your shirt monogrammed.." I said "turn it over!"  He thought the huge monogram was offensive! haha!

Bennett and Georgia
Trey announced the winners and almost forgot about the last place winners...Buckshot Babes! ha!  Bennett was thrilled and kept saying "we wooooon, we woon" all day long. He told me all day after "Mommy, I am sooooo proud of you!"  After his sweet comments I didn't need to win.  We did win with an average score of 22.  The next closest to us was a 42! ha!
Our prize: water guns!  ha!  The kids were thrilled because they actually got a prize!

sweet things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...