Thursday, June 20, 2013

San Fran Day #2

Day 2 in SF was a blast!  I love being a tourist!  We got up bright and early (Leigh was up at 5 and I was awake at 6), got ready, and called Lyft.  They arrived very quickly and took us to Fisherman's Wharf.  We asked where Lombard Street was located and he took us on a little detour.  He even stopped and took our picture in front!  This was such a pretty street.  Flowers everywhere and tons of people taking pictures!


me, Casey, Erinn, and Leigh in front of Lombard Street.  We were definitely the brightest dressed people in SF!


We went to the Buena Vista for brunch and it was delish!  Casey and Matthew had eaten here a few years ago and loved it.

Here we are on the cable car.  We never actually rode the car but we had to get a pic!

Next was Fisherman's Wharf

We got to see a few sea lions.

Me and the sea lions
We decided to take a boat tour around the bay.  It was a 1 hour tour and gave a lot of history.  We all took a little Dramamine and we were good to go.  We were able to find an outside bench on the boat that had enough space for all 4 of us until a lady came and sat right by me when there were numerous other seats available.  Totally squished us on the bench.  It was fine because once we got going..I moved to a better location with a better view.  We never even got sick on the boat!

The Golden Gate in all its glory...and me.  We rode under the Golden Gate bridge

We rode right next to Alcatraz and got to hear lots of stories about Al Capone.
After our boat tour we bought some knit hats for the kids and walked to Ghiradelli Square.  Have I mentioned how much I love being a tourist!??  We got to sample the chocolate and then Casey and I split a sundae.  Leigh was totally flabbergasted at how much we all love dessert! 

Chocolate Chip Cookies Sundae at Ghiradelli.


After our really bust touristy day we headed home to re-group.  This was our night that we were going to a fancy dinner at the Cliff House.  Well, we never made it.  After relaxing for a bit, I got very nauseated.  It was awful.  We never made it to our fancy dinner.  Ugh.

I was just going to stay home while everyone else went to get dinner, but then I rallied and got out of my pjs and headed to JapanTown with the girls.  JapanTown wasn't far from Aunt E's so we walked.  We did stop on our way at Walgreen's for Pepto, though!

We got to JapanTown and it was very weird.  We just didn't really fit in. We ended up at Benihana at 9 pm!  We waited and waited for a table.  I didn't really want to eat anything but white rice because of my recent sickness.  Well, it's a good thing that's all I wanted!!!  So, we ask the hostess if we had to wait to sit in the bar area...she said no so we sat ourselves.  After about 10 minutes and no waiter...Erinn asked the hostess if we were supposed to have a waiter.  She felt awful and offered us all free drinks and free white rice for dinner.  She even brought soy sauce and garlic butter.  It hit the spot and it didn't cost us anything but a $10 tip for the hostess!  We ate for free in San Francisco!
Our delicious dinner.

After dinner Uncle David picked us up so we didn't have to walk.  It was an eventful day. Next, Wine Tour in Sonoma!

1 comment:

  1. Benihana?! :) I am loving the picture of you and the Golden Gate Bridge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...