Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day #3 in Sonoma

Casey and Matthew did a wine tour to Napa a few years back and used Max Napa Tours.  Matthew booked this tour for us several months ago.  Max picked us up for our private tour at 9 am.  He rolled up in his Expedition and we were on our way to Sonoma!  One thing that had me really excited was the fact that we were going to Guerneville and to the Russian River Valley.  Why was I so excited?  Well, I teach a book in Child Development called A Child Called It and part of the book is set there.  I took a few pictures to show my students next year!  I just realized how dorky this is.

Russian River and Guerneville signs!!

The first stop on our tour was Iron Horse.  It was one of my favorites.  It had a sort of rustic feel with flowers everywhere.  The tasting room was outside overlooking the vineyard.  Oh, it was nice!  It reminded me of that movie Letters to Juliet!


Here is the outdoor area where we tasted.  Leigh usually doubled handed her glass!

Me at Iron Horse.  Our tour guide, Max is in the background on his phone

 The next stop was VML.  I loved this one!  It was so pretty but still had a homey feel.  I even bought a bottle of SB for someone I know that loves SB!  they said it won't ship until October because it is so hot here.  They don't won't the wine to ruin.  I bought bottle opener for our house because no one can ever find one here.  Casey joined a wine club and Leigh and Erinn both bought bottles.

The tasting room at VML.

Our next stop was to a huge total commercial winery.  I can't even remember the name of it because it was my least favorite.  We think Max took us there because of the pretty gardens.  The wine was not delicious and the set-up was way less intimate.
Sonoma Wine girls!
Our last stop was Sbragia Family Vineyards.  It was a nice place with great views of the vineyards.  We decided not to do a tasting and opted for splitting a bottle of wine instead.  We liked the slow place of just enjoying company, wine, and the view.  All vineyards close at 5pm to cut down on drinking and driving.  We stayed until 5!
Grapes...cannot remember the name of them

Sbragia winery
We headed back to the city and had Max drop us off at a little sushi place.  We enjoyed it and then walked across the street because of course we needed dessert!  They had lots of board games and dessert.  We got Sorry! out and then our desserts came.  We ate instead of played.

1 comment:

  1. Look how cute y'all are! All that wine would've made me tipsy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...