Monday, June 24, 2013

Our last Day in San Fran

We began our last day in San Francisco with brunch.  Aunt E and Uncle David took us to The Magic Flute along with cousin Caroline.  Caroline is living with them while she is in grad school.  She so graciously gave up her room for us to live in for the 4 nights we were there.  How sweet!

We slept in and took our time getting ready...this is something that almost never happens for young mommas.  I feel like I rush to get ready every morning to make sure the house doesn't get destroyed or burned down.
David, me, Casey, Leigh, Erinn, Elizabeth, and Caroline
 After our brunch we headed to Golden Gate Park.  David dropped us off so we wouldn't have to pay to  ride.  Leigh was thrilled about going to the Science museum and the planetarium.  I tried to use our Sci-Port reciprocal membership but it didn't work in SF!  We went to see an earthquake show that I had to keep my eyes closed for...I get so motion sick!  I bought the boys some cute souvenirs at the gift shop.  We looked around for a bit and then walked to a main street for our Lyft.  It was SO COLD this day.  I was shocked considering it is JUNE.

The Lyft took us to Union Square...a totally upscale mall type place.  Lots of shopping and food to be eaten.  I ended up splurging on a souvenir for myself...a pair of Tory Burch sandals.  I am just so excited about them.  I am normally not into labels and brand names, but I really like her stuff.  Erinn splurged too since she has been wanting a pair for a year!

I sent this to Ashleigh because I knew she would totally understand!
We bought a few more souvenirs in Union Square and then it was time to head to our 6:30 show of Beach Blanket Babylon!  We drove through China Town to get there.  Honestly, I don't understand the hype of China Town.  This is the largest China Town in the US.  I took a few pics as we drove through.



We made it to BBB early enough to get good seats.  The seats were not assigned so we had to get there extra early.  This show was HILARIOUS!  They only had about 10 actors that played everyone from Justin Bieber to Obama to Madonna to Princess Kate.  It was so entertaining!


And since the theme of our trips are always centered around food...we went next door for an Italian meal after the show.  It was a weird little place.  We were sitting next to a family from France who had been vacationing in the US for 5 weeks. Must be nice. He took the picture for us.  

Last night and meal in SF!
It was up and at 'em the next morning for our 6 am flights.  Aunt E even woke up and made sure the cab driver knew the correct way to take us to the airport.  It was such a fun trip and I can't wait to see where the husbands are sending us next year!!! (wink, wink)

 Thank you, Neil, Matthew, Trey, and Beau for planning such a special surprise for us.  It was so thoughtful and sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Those shoes are super swank! "Treat Yo Self!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! love the TB shout out! what a FUN trip:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...