Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Father's Day Post

How can I describe the best dad ever?  It is hard, but I will try.  This dad has 2 little boys that look up to him  and basically want to be just like him.  He is my husband and the awesome father of my two boys.

So, what are some of the OBVIOUSLY fabulous things about Neil?  These are in no particular order...

  • He LOVES me and our boys.
  • He is so patient with the boys even when I am about to pull out my hair.
  • He can calm them down if they are crying.
  • He loves to teach them new things.

  • He is a great family man all around.
  • He takes us to church.
  • He LOVES to cook and entertain.

  • He can tell funny stories and make the boys and me laugh.
  • He gags at the sight/smell of poopie diapers.
  • He is outdoorsy and loves to take the boys to the camp.
  • He has a fabulous sense of humor.
  • He can fix and build almost anything.  If he can't, he will figure out how
  • He sent me away on a girls weekend to San Francisco so he could spend extra time with the boys on Father's Day



So, what are some of the NON-OBVIOUS fabulous things about this man?  These are in no particular order...

  • Neil does this thing around Christmas time that makes me so proud.  Whenever we go to Wal-Mart or another grocery store...he will get cash back and hand it to the clerk and say "Merry Christmas!"  It is the sweetest thing to see those faces light up!
  • Other children look up to Neil.  He will even offer to pick other kids up to play with Bennett at the .park, for dinner, or just to play.
  • He has been asked to be on the First Priority board in Shreveport.
  • He used to wake up extra early and serve breakfast at the rescue mission once a week.  
  • He saw the ladies that help clean our house at Wal-Mart the other day and gave them a Wal-mart gift card for their groceries.  He is soooooooooo thoughtful and compassionate.
What are some of the fabulous things about Neil that Bennett thinks??? (straight from Bennett's mouth)
  • "That he cleans me up and takes me a bath, me and him go on a race and we pick out toys, and I get him Father's Day cups and I love him and that's all"
If this post seems like I am bragging...it's because I am.  I am so proud that Neil is the father of my kids!  Happy Father's Day to the best dad 2 little boys could ever ask for!

I love you, Neil!

1 comment:

  1. Thank your for saying those nice things it made my fathers day. I love you.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...