Saturday, June 8, 2013

Aunt Cloie

We went to visit and take dinner to Aunt Cloie on Thursday.  We love Aunt Cloie.  She is my grandmother's only living sister.  It is like going back in time at her house.  She has everything the exact same as it was 30 years ago.  I love her!  She even had a fire going for us in June! 

We took Monjuni's and chocolate chip cookies.  Bennett and Henry played the piano and played with a few little toys she had.  They really liked her guitar but that was off limits and they weren't too happy about that. We would have liked to go out on the pier, but it was pouring down rain. 

One of my favorite things at her house is a little crystal ashtray of confetti.  I used to send confetti for every season/holiday in ANY note or letter.  She saved most all of it and I'm sure some of it was from other occasions.  Looking through it reminded me of a few things...like the sombrero confetti that was mailed with my college graduation party invite...memories.

I think that fire might need another log.

This is what Henry did when I said no to the guitar. We are almost 2...can you tell?

Dad, Henry, and Aunt C

Bennett (eating an Andes mint) and Aunt Cloie

Dad, Bennett, Henry/me, and Aunt Cloie

We didn't even call each other about matching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...