Monday, February 20, 2012

Working for the Weekend

This was a great weekend.  This was the kind of weekend that I work for!  It was filled with family, friends, food, and fun.  This was my kind of weekend... a 3 day one!

We started out with a fabulous dinner at Mabry House with Neil's family.  We gave them a gift certificate for Christmas and they decided to take all of us along with them.  Yay for us!


Bennett was supposed to have his first soccer game on Saturday morning, but it was rained out.  I think I was more disappointed than he was.  Just because the game was rained out does not mean you can't put on the uniform!  Love this cute little Jolly Green Giant.



On Saturday night, we had a totally fun Murder Dinner Theater evening planned.  Erin D. found this fun idea and set the whole thing up.  She even arranged for a passenger van to take us all out to Taylortown.  It was a really fun date night.   I will say that the act was a little cheesy, but it was still something fun to do!  Thanks so much to Dad and Carolyn for offering to keep the boys for us.  They had a great time at dinner and the "Freezing Frog."

Neil and me (Neil was so sweet to get this cowgirl hat for me)
Neil/me, Matthew/Casey,  and Trey/Erinn

Trey and Erinn

Trey and Beau were REALLY into searching for clues

Lindsay/Cole and Erin/Andre'

I pretty much had no idea what was going on during the play the entire time...but I called the "killer!"

Matthew won this fabulous painting by Painting with a Twist

Beau dancing with Erin

Our group plus a couple of the actors

We went to church on Sunday morning and it was great.  We enjoyed the wee lunch of gumbo and all the fixin's.  We put the boys down for naps and hated that we had to miss the Highland parade.  Bennett decided to fake his nap and was wide awake in his bed for 2 hours.  Oh well, we tried!

They love to play in Henry's bed! I love these faces.

We made a quick batch of Shepard's pie and invited the Raines family over for dinner.  The boys had a lot of fun playing!

Jake and Henry (I asked Bennett who Henry's best friend was and he said "Jake!")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...