Monday, December 12, 2011

Diggers, Loaders, and Dozers!

I wanted Bennett to have a very special day on his actual birthday.  I wanted him to be surrounded by family and to be able to do special things.  He LOVES trucks, "diggers," and all things construction so I knew he would LOVE to climb on some trucks.  I asked my friends, Jennifer and Justin if Bennett could climb on some of their trucks.  When they responded with "absolutely," I was thrilled!  We met them at Justin's shop and you would have thought that we pulled up to Disney.  Bennett was dying to get out of the car to get busy on all the trucks.  I knew Bennett would be content to sit in the driver seat and pretend to drive, but Justin actually let him drive this heavy machinery!  It was like an amusement park with no lines.  Bennett was in heaven!

He had on his special construction worker costume that Henry gave him and really looked the part.  Justin and Bennett even drove the big front end loader across the street to the gravel yard to move dirt.  They scooped it up and dumped it out.  It was so great to watch him with a huge smile on his face!

The Earnest's were so sweet to give us this opportunity.  I just can't describe how amazing this experience was for Bennett.  He has talked about all day saying things like "remember when I drove the big digger" or "we picked up the dirt in the big truck!"  He LOVED it.  I am thinking birthday #4 is going to be a pile of dirt in the back yard!  We even got to get the road signs out for a little photo shoot.  So fun!

Click photo to enlarge
Here are some cute ones:

Me/Henry, Bennett, Caroline and Jen

Cute Bennett the Builder

Justin and Bennett headed to pick up metal pipes


Justin, Jennifer, and Caroline
This photo was Jennifer's idea...love it with all the trucks lined up!

Jennifer and B

If the end of the 2s are any indication on how the 3s are going to be...I'm thinking "ROUGH ROAD!"


Bennett loved pushing C in her little car!

Thank you so much, Earnest's!  It was an experience we will never forget!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like he had an incredible birthday weekend! Thank you so much for fitting us in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Bennett's outfit! What a special day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...