Friday, December 2, 2011

Nativity

Bennett and I set up the nativity set a few days ago.  I tried to tell him about it and why we celebrate Christmas.  I told him the names of Mary, Joseph, and Jesus.  We set up all the animals and the people.



He rocked baby Jesus, rubbed his back, and put him on his shoulder like I do Henry.  It was so sweet.

I told him that Jesus' mommy's name was Mary and this is what he said:

Bennett: "What's her last name?"
Me: "I don't know"
Bennett: "Let's ask her."  To Mary: "What's your last name?"  To me: "She didn't talk."

He was sitting there wondering about her and then exclaimed "She is Mary had a little lamb"and then he started singing the song.

3 comments:

  1. That is too cute! I've always wondered about last names and people in the Bible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet Bennett! this story made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...