Monday, July 30, 2018

Gentlemen's spa, Delmonico's, and Times Square

 After the Statue of Liberty we headed to John Allan's, a gentlemen's spa.  Dad, Bennett, and my brother each got a hair cut, hot towel, manicure, and a couple other things.  While they did this I went around the corner and got my hair blown out!

They LOVED this men's spa. Bennett really enjoyed playing pool and having popcorn and cokes.  He was living his best life right up in NYC!






NYC swoop
 We went back to the hotel to get dressed for our last night's dinner in NYC!  Little did we know that we were going right back to where we had been to get our hair did.  We went to Delmonico's, Americas first fine dining restaurant!   This was the first dining establishment to have table cloths and printed menus!  Baked Alaska, Eggs Benedict, and Lobster Newburg were invented here.  Talk about good!  We all had Delmonico's steaks and a good ole' time!

Delicious donut dessert!


All Bennett wanted to do after this was walk around Central Park.  In fact all he wanted to do everyday was walk around Central Park.  
 I was too scared to walk around the park at night so we opted for Times Square.  The hotel was about 2 blocks from it and I felt safe taking him alone on our last night.  He wanted to scooter so badly!  So, we made our way to Times Square!


 We stumbled upon a street performing act that called up a bunch of white men.  They were going to jump over them and whatnot.  They were so racist!  I could not even believe the things they were saying to Asian men and others.  I grabbed Bennett and we moved along the block.  We stumbled upon another street act and they happened to call Bennett up as a helper.  They seemed nice and all, but I didn't know it was the exact same act that we had just left, but with different people.  They had all the same jokes and derogatory, racist comments.  I was videoing Bennett being used in the act and they started cussing and being rude. I had no idea this was going to happen!

So we never actually saw the act.  I took Bennett away after all the guys did was walk around to collect money, but they did give B $18 and told him to never work for free.  I don't get it.  I told Bennett to give them the money back because that's how they make their living!  He tried, but they wouldn't take it.

Bennett loved having cash in his pocket in NY.  Pops made sure he had random dollars because he loved giving them to any person in need.  It was really so sweet.  He used the money he earned to pass out to strangers,
Bennett and his street act!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...