Monday, November 7, 2011

Henry's Baptism

I don't know if you know this or not, but I am all about celebrating.  I like to celebrating everything really BIG and I don't think there is anything wrong with that!  So, when we have an occasion like my Henry's baptism...I want to celebrate!


Here's the sweet invitation:


Henry was baptized on Sunday at our church in our Faithlink service.  In the Methodist church, a baptism is more of a baby dedication and a challenge for the parents to raise their child in the church.  Derek, our preacher, talked about the day having a sweet spirit and I felt it, too.  Henry was the first infant baptized in our new sanctuary.  We were so proud and excited to have our family and friends for Henry's special day.

Henry wore the same christening gown that Bennett wore.  Gigi's (Neil's grandmother) grandfather was the first one to wear this gown in the 1890s...it has been around a long time and I felt honored that both of my boys have worn it.  All of Neil's relatives including him, his dad, and all his cousins and siblings have been baptized in this gown.


Andrew, Rebecca, Neil, Bennett, Henry, me, Janine, and Richard

Our family photo!  Neil, Bennett, me, and Henry
Our parents went on stage with us


Henry being baptized.  We have a burp cloth from the church that says "I love Jesus because he first loved me" and that's what comes to mind when I experience an infant baptism.  So sweet.

The Bevilles were so sweet to come all the way from Bossier.  Katie looks sooooo cute pregnant!

me, Mom, Aunt Carolyn/Henry, and Carrie.  It meant so much to me that my family came all the way from Houston for this special day!

Sisters and Henry

My auntizma with Henry

me with my beautiful boy! Like my dress?  Get one here!

We felt so honored to have everyone there!  A few people left and didn't make it in the picture.

Get me out of that dress!  We had to change him to fit him in the carseat.

We had brunch at our house after the baptism.  I made everything the night before and it made it so easy.  I made garlic cheese grits, cream cheese casserole, biscuits, breakfast casserole, grape salad, and put mini donuts on sticks for the kids.  I saw some cinnamon rolls on sticks on Pinterest and thought...what else can I put on a stick??


I wish I had a cuter way to display things on sticks rather than a plain piece of styrofoam.  Any ideas??

I had the invite blown up to the size of a place-mat.  I really enjoyed those! Thanks to Carol and Leslie for letting me borrow the table stuff.


Janine, Mom, Dad, Carrie, and Rebecca

me and Amy

the "godmother" and Henry.  No godfather with this baby I guess.  

Aunt Catherine and Emily

Thanks so much to Andrew and Matt for leaving early to put all the food in the oven.  They followed all my detailed instructions perfectly.

Mom loved holding Evie

Thanks to Aunt Becky for getting Icees for all the kids.  Bennett loved the donuts on a stick.

Carolyn, Dad and Henry

Nana and Henry.  Nana was my #1 helper.  She helped me with the cleaning SO MUCH!  Thank you!

I had to buy the cookies because I was just out of steam on cooking/baking.  Well worth it!

Look how sweet these gifts are!  Erinn gave Henry the sweet bedtime prayers, Amy gave the cute ornament, and The Montgomerys gave the Bible ABCs...THANK YOU!

Thank you to everyone for coming and making Henry's day so special.  We feel honored and blessed to have so many we love supporting our family!

6 comments:

  1. You could always try wrapping your Styrofoam block with coordinating wrapping paper. Not sure how well it would work. Our birthday girl decided on cupcakes instead of cake pops, so I didn't get to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day! You look fabulous in that black swag! Also you have been like a mad lady blogging. I am loving the Tech homecoming pictures!! Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Clairebear! That is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Lindsey~ Congrats on Henry's baptism! What sweet pics!! Love his expression in the pic where you are changing him out of the gown...it's like his little personality is just shining through. What a gorgeous little boy!

    I make marshmallow pops quite frequently since G & H both love them. Here's my super easy, DIY pop stand tutorial:
    http://www.littlepumpkingrace.com/2011/07/buddies-trifle-recipe-marshmallow-pops.html

    Great way to take them to preschool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wrap my styrofoam with wrapping paper...it works great! Precious boys!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...