Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oliver

I am sad to announce that my dad had to put Oliver to sleep yesterday.  Oliver has been in the family for about 15 years.  I am not really an animal  lover and don't have a connection to animals.  I don't understand the whole "my dogs are my kids" mentality.  But, my dad, mom, and brother do and I am sad for them.  I called the veterinarian office this morning to check on how everything went and the receptionist was so sweet.  I think that has to be a characteristic of a person that works at a vet's office.

She said "Oliver was a great dog and your dad made the right decision.  We will bury him by the horse barn and he will not be alone."  Awwwww...it was so sad and sweet all at the same time.


Bennett never really asks about Oliver and he decided to ask me a few questions about him today.

He said "what's 'Oviler' doing?"
Me: "Oliver was very sick and he went to heaven."
Bennett: "oh, did he go to the doctor and get a shot?"
Me: "yes, he didn't feel good so Pops had to take him to the doctor."
Bennett: "Pops took 'Oviler' to heaven?"
Me: (not knowing what to say) "yes."

He asked lots more questions that I did not know how to answer.

Also, here's the obituary that my brother wrote today for Oliver:

1 comment:

  1. Poor Oliver. I hope your dad is doing ok! Nice obituary.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...