Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Toilet learning

I have not been worried at all about potty training.  I just knew that if I tried to teach Bennett before Henry was born that he would regress.  I am not one of those moms that thinks a kid needs to be potty trained by the age of 2.  I know a lot of people (family) have been concerned about why we haven't started teaching Bennett.  Didn't bother me at all.  I know he will get it when he gets it.  Now that we are 2 weeks from his 3rd birthday, I've started to think more seriously about it.  He has been using the potty "for fun" for months now.  He liked to go and then flush..it's all a big game to him.  Well now that we are trying to get serious about it...he wants nothing to do with the potty.  He screams when I put him up there and then jumps off.  Ugh, I think toilet learning will be the death of me.

His school calls it "toilet learning" because it is a process.  I know that he goes on the potty at school as a peer pressure thing.  All the kids go so he goes.  We decided to go to Target today to let him pick out his underwear, stickers, and a special toy for when he goes #2 on the potty.

He chose 3 packs of Spiderman, Batman, and other superheroes!

He chose a cool Nerf gun for his "going #2 in the potty" prize.  I put it right on top of the fridge for when he decided to go.  Well.....he went tonight!!!!!!!!  We were like throwing a party in the bathroom.  We were dancing and clapping like it was the best thing ever.  We are SO PROUD!  I just hope he didn't make himself go just to get the gun! :)


He was so proud of himself.  He kept saying "I went poo poo on the potty by myself!"  What a big boy!  Way to go Bennett!!!  You are growing up so fast!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you Bennett! He is already way better than Mason was at his age so it probably won't take yall as long as us. I think our "poop prize" sat on the fridge for 2 weeks! Hang in there, it will be over before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...