Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bennett's Baptism

We had a wonderful weekend. It was filled with family and friends. On Saturday, I hosted a baby shower for my friend, Kendal. I made cucumber sandwiches that were yum-o! Then, we went to Georgia Buteau's 1st birthday party. After the party, we drove to Ruston for the Lewis family March birthday celebration. There are 7 people in Neil's family with a March birthday. Needless to say, it was a busy Saturday!

This morning was such a great time for our little family. Bennett was baptized at our church this morning. At first, I didn't understand why a baby would be baptized. My friend told me that her minister told her that "God chose the baby before Bennett ever chose Him." It does make sense that we should dedicate our babies to The One who created them! We had 25 friends and family members to be here on this special day. Bennett wore a christening gown that is 120 years old. It was originally made for Neil's great-great-grandfather. We were trying to be very careful with it. Bennett was a perfect angel during church and the baptism. He just looked around and "took it all in!" After church, we had a fabulous lunch at the Petroleum Club. I was glad to have it there so I didn't have to clean! ha!

Here is the little angel now:


Pops loves Bennett! He visits him at least once a day!

I was so thrilled that my Great Aunt Cloie (Grauntie) and Cousin Susan joined us for this special day!

The grandmothers and their favorite boy.

Our Little Family.


The "self-proclaimed" God parents and Bennett

Aunt Carol is so sweet! I love spending time with her!

Aunt Leslie and Bennett. He was being so sweet and snuggly!

These are the "favors" I made for everyone. The recipe is on my recipe blog...click here.

Here is a photo of all over our family members! It is so nice to be surrounded by so much love!

This was such a wonderful day. It was great to have so many people that we love here for our special day!

1 comment:

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...