Monday, March 9, 2009

Neil's Birthday and Uncle Frank's Graduation

Uncle Frank graduated from TECH on Saturday. I think my parents are pretty proud that both of their kids have graduated from college. I will post some pictures of Michael in his cap and gown once I get mom's camera. Michael graduated in French! How cool to be fluent in a foreign language. Michael was so thrilled to see his nephew. I think Bennett was excited to see him again! Aunt Rebecca came all the way to Shreveport to babysit Bennett while we went to the Mabry House to celebrate the graduation. She had him asleep in about 5 minutes after we left! The Mabry House dinner was so delicious! We had some great food and it was such a treat. Mine and Neil's favorite dessert there is the homemade blueberry ice cream in a beignet! Talk about fabulous!


Neil turned 28 on March 8th! I think he is looking pretty good for the ripe old age of 28! His parents took us, my parents, and my brother to eat at Tokyo for a Japanese hibachi/sushi feast. I think Bennett enjoyed the show. Neil had a strawberry ice cream cake that was hot pink. Apparently pink is the only color they use to decorate strawberry cakes. I had them write his name in blue to make it a little more masculine. Here are a couple of pictures from the festivities:
Bennett fell right asleep on his Nana. I can't tell if liked it or not! :)
Grand-Machine and Nana love their grandboy!

Both of the grandmothers love watching Bennett play.
The "gong-master," Richard, Lauri, Bill, Michael, Janine, Bennett, Birthday Boy, pink cake, and Fatty McGee who needs to lose pregnancy weight.

On a side note: I have all of my application information in to LSUS for the Alternate Certification Program. The interviews will be set-up soon for admission. I take the Praxis 1 on March 27th and the Praxis 2 on April 25. Please pray for me on the admissions and the Praxis! I am so scared about the Praxis because I am a terrible test taker!

3 comments:

  1. Fatty McGee?? You are insane! Is Neil celebrating his 10 year reunion this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was just going to be a Bennet Blog. I'm really not too interested in all this other stuff like Neil turning 20 something

    ReplyDelete
  3. bennett is cute. I had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...