Sunday, March 29, 2009

Steel Magnolias

At Thursday night Bible study we had a special treat! Weiser Duvall gave her awesome testimony! She spoke about her connections to the movie, Steel Magnolias too! The character, Weiser, in the famous southern movie is named after our real life Weiser! She is nothing like the character in the movie. She is the sweetest most godly woman I know. We had a great time listening to her. I brought Mom, Neil's Aunt, and his 2 cousins. I was so glad they came. Sister Leone Knowles came in town for the weekend and attended too! It was so great to see her live and in person instead of just in the blog world! Leslie made dirty rice and Kelly brought french bread. I made cookie dough truffles for the event! Here are some pictures from the fun night.

Here are all the Sigma Kappa's! (ha!)

Sister Leone Knowles and Sister Beck Douglas.
Weiser, Mom, and Jarvia. (Yes, I did get their permission to use their photos on my blog!)

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I made the blog. Danang...Emily is lookin like a 10! I miss you, but loved seeing you, Bennett, and Neil!

    In the words of sister Beck. Enjoy it now because you won't have time when you are a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a perfect slide show pic! I need a copy of that! Can you email it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time Lindsay! Ya'll will have to let me know when ya'll have more bible studies together! I would love to come! :) How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the real Weiser? So jealous, that is my favorite movie of all time!!! AND Weiser was my favorite character....side note...I named my ferret after Weiser when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...