Friday, September 3, 2010

Sad

Yesterday started off like every other day...busy! I have been excited all week about going to the doctor to hear the baby's heartbeat. I have been saying things like "I just hate that they make you wait 4 weeks in between each time you get to hear it at the beginning of the pregnancy!" I went in yesterday the same way I normally do...excited. I was shocked when the ultrasound tech came for me. I was still excited that I was getting to 'see' the baby. I got up on the table and told her that "I just know it's a girl and when can I find out!" I just had a bad feeling. I noticed that there was nothing moving on the screen. Dr. Tynes happened to walk in to ask Nicole something and then she told me what I feared the most. She said very matter of fact "there is no heartbeat." I immediately fell to pieces. She said that they think the heart stopped beating about a week ago. She also said that my body had not let go of the baby yet and that we needed to do the D & C. We don't know why this happened, but we do know that this is God's plan for our family.

I just felt that this was HIS perfect timing because of how the due date (March) made it to where I was going to get to have 5 months home with the baby until I had to go back to school in August. I thought because they rearranged how I was going to graduate right before baby was due that it was all the perfect plan. I was wrong. His plan is going to turn out to be way more perfect in the future! We are really sad right now. We are praying that God gets the glory and that His face is shown through all of this heartache. We know that something great will come of all of this. Right now, we are reminded that we will see this baby again one day in Heaven. How wonderful to know that!

I go in for my D&C today at 11:15. Please pray for us and for quick healing. My aunt is having the same procedure today for a different reason...please pray for her, too. We are so thankful for all of our friends and family. They have been praying for us and loving on us. Thank YOU!

I think this song my Natalie Grant says it all... I have always loved it, but never thought that it would apply to me.

Two months is too little
They let him go
They had no sudden healing
To think that providence
Would take a child from his mother
While she prays, is appalling
Who told us we'd be rescued
What has changed and
Why should we be saved from nightmares
We're asking why this happens to us
Who have died to live, it's unfair


This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held

This hand is bitterness
We want to taste it and
Let the hatred numb our sorrows
The wise hand opens slowly
To lilies of the valley and tomorrow


This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held

If hope is born of suffering
If this is only the beginning
Can we not wait, for one hour
Watching for our savior

This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held
We'd be held

This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held

This is what it means to be held.....

22 comments:

  1. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I am praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so sorry, lindsey. will be praying for your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey,
    I know I am just a stranger to you, but you will be in my prayers. I'm so glad you have a strong faith in God. With Him, all things are possible. You take care and get plenty of rest. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lindsey, what a touching song! I've been thinking about you guys constantly and have been praying for your healing. I can't imagine what you must be feeling, but we are always here for you. I can't wait to see what God holds for your future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey, I am so sorry! I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry that you are going through this difficulty. I am lifting you up right now Linz.... The Lord is holding you in His righteous hands.
    "Those who sow in tears
    will reap with songs of joy.
    He who goes out weeping,
    carrying seed to sow,
    will return with songs of joy,
    carrying sheaves with him."
    Psalms 126:5-6
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsey,

    I am so very sorry for your loss!!! We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
    This morning when I woke up I thought about you. I did not think anything of it at the time. Now I know that was just God reminding me to pray for you and your family.

    This is a verse that helped me through hard times. Your season will come!

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. Ecclesiastes 3:1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my heart is breaking for you and Neil. I am so sorry this happened. You have a right to grieve and question everything, it's our natural reaction. I have a blog up right now that I was going to read next and the song that is playing on it is "Bring the Rain" by Mercy Me.

    "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty." Love you and praying to the Lord God almighty for your sweet, precious angel baby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm crying with you Lindsey. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh linds, i am so so sorry.

    "Weeping may last for the night, but there is a song of joy in the morning." Psalm 30:5

    Unfortunately we do not know how long your "night" will be, but just reading about how faithful you are remaining is such an encouragement. I pray you can sing your song of joy very soon. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lindsey,

    I am so sad to read this post. Unfortunately, I have been in your shoes and know the gutting feeling. I have learned through both of mine that GOD really does have a plan. I know that GOD wanted me to have Charlie! The best thing anyone ever told was this "When GOD takes something away from you he is not punishing you but only preparing you for something better!!" You will see your sweet baby again one day but in the meantime try and focus on the future and know that there will be another Lewis baby and he/she will be exactly what God intended!

    CArie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh Lindsey. I am soo incredibly sorry to hear this news. I have no idea what it is like to experience this but imagine it is heartbreaking. You are so strong and seem like you are relying on The One to get your through this. You and Neil are amazing parents and you're right, God has a perfect plan for your sweet family. We love y'all and are here for anything you may need. Anything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Lindsey! I'm so sorry! I'm sending you an email right now....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Lindsey~ I'm so sorry for you hon! My heart aches because I know the pain you are going through all too well. Went through the very same thing just two months before we got pregnant with Grace. I remember the silence from that ultrasound room like it was yesterday. It's heartbreaking. I had to have the D&C too. Lots of prayers going up for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh Lindsey. I am soo incredibly sorry to hear this news. I have no idea what it is like to experience this but imagine it is heartbreaking. You are so strong and seem like you are relying on The One to get your through this. You and Neil are amazing parents and you're right, God has a perfect plan for your sweet family. We love y'all and are here for anything you may need. Anything.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sad to hear your news. We will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lindsey, I am praying for you right now. Love you, friend. Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am praying for y'all! God has so something special and perfect in store for y'all...beyond what you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My heart is heavy for you and your family now. Please know I am praying for you--I do know how you feel. Your witness is amazing--Praising God in your struggle--WOW! Love and prayers, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  20. So incredibly sorry. Your witness is amazing--trusting God in your sorrow. I pray for His peace to continue to be with you. Love,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry to hear about this, but we all know that in this sadness that God does have a rhym and reason for everything. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God Bless you !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...