Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's Coming Together...

Welcome to my classroom! Mom and I have been working really hard the past 2 days getting it all ready. It was a lot of work and still really not where I want it to be. I guess you just have to work with what you have!

This is my door:

And here is my mom pretending to teach!

Here I am sitting at my desk thinking about the 09-10 school year!

Here is the left side of the room.

A close-up of the curtain I made. Erinn made one for her bathroom and told me the blog where she found the idea. They were super simple and NO sewing required!

Here is the right side of the room. I am really thankful that Mrs. White gave me so much stuff! She gave me posters, Gator stuff, ideas, and lesson plans! I don't know where I would be without her help!


Here is the Captain Shreve Food Lab. We have 7 mini kitchens. It is really big and so nice.

I wanted to show you what some of my friends have given me to get me started with my new career. Thank you Thoughtful Friends!

Casey gave me this so cute stamp! I love it and can't wait to use it! It says "From the Desk of Mrs. Lindsey Lewis!" It even has a little stove with a pot on top! So thoughtful!
Merideth gave me my teacher bag and Rebecca gave me all of the Vera Bradley goodies.
Leslie (interior designer extraordinaire) has been collecting all kinds of discontinued tile books, carpet books, fan decks, and fabric swatches for my Housing and Interior Design class. They fill up one whole cabinet already!

Here is the adorable arpon that Amy got for me!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my...this looks right up your alley! I am so proud of you...but now you aren't going to have any time. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i love it all!! thank you for posting this... I have been really curious to see your classroom! Good Luck friend!!! (p.s. we got the awesome present. did you get my card?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! You are going to have a great time teaching! If I was a teacher I would want to teach the same thing! :) Good luck with the school year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I know you're excited about the new year. It'll be fun! You'll love it! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I am a CTE person as well! Family and Consumer Science is booming in our district. I am from Eunice but now live in Texas. I love reading your blog so I found a good reason to comment!

    Monelle
    Baytown, TX

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done an excellent job! I know the kids will love it! You are so talented and put so much effort into making it so nice for the kids! You are going to be a great teacher!
    lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute shirt!! It looks so familiar! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...