Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School

Well, it was the first day of school today. It went pretty well. I have been praying for confidence and I had this wave of confidence come over me. It was really reassuring. My 1st class was tough because I didn't have enough for them to do, but I tweaked it and it was great the rest of the day. I am WORN out though! It was hard getting there at 7 and getting home after 5. I had to do laundry, feed baby, and I am now doing more school work! Everyone says that the 1st year of teaching is the hardest. I hope I can make it through my first year. The work never ends.. except for on all those breaks! woo! I just have to keep my eyes on the prize! Labor Day. See you in 2 weeks.

Here I am on my first day.

When I got home today, the house was empty. Neil and Bennett were out shopping for me a "CSHS" plant in green and gold. Bennett is even wearing a "see ya later gator" onesie! They are so sweet to think of me. It was a great way to end a VERY long day. I love my boys!

12 comments:

  1. That is such a cute pic of Neil and Bennett! He does smile all the time! Glad your first day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything went well, I'm sure your students are going to love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad it went well for you! You are always in my prayers friendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad your first day went well! You are the cutest teacher & I bet you are so fun! I love your cute bag too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya'll are just too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet!!! SO GLAD IT WENT WELL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I found this post and thought you might get some more ideas for your classroom: http://kristi-kikiscorner.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-classroom-makeover.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your first day went well! What sweet boys you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey jones!
    ok so i myself have decided to pursue a career in teaching. i start my classes next tuesday to get certified to teach. i want to teach elementary art. i'm so nervous thinking about my first day! any tips send my way! congrats!!
    -catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...