Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Bake-off

We had the best idea to have a Christmas Bake-off and everyone got in on the fun!  We all spent time in the kitchen whipping up our confections!  It was something straight outta The Great British Baking Show!


Neil photo bombing!

I made this fabulous Christmas wreath!  It was a meringue wreath that I had to make twice because I added the sugar too quickly.  Fresh whipped cream with vanilla bean paste-couldn't find it anywhere so I had to borrow from Carol!  Fresh fruit, mint, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top!
Christmas wreath

Rebecca and Daniel made this fabulous gingerbread pound cake with homemade cream cheese frosting with a  cinnamon sprinkle on top.  It was gorgeous!

Gingerbread pound cake

Nana's live table centerpiece with our desserts was just too pretty!

Nana made a pear/apple crumble with a steel cut oats crumble! It was hearty and and super delicious!


My brother made Mille-Feuille!  He saw it on the Great British Baking Show.  He went and raided my house for baking ingredients and eve piped the fresh whipped cream!  Neil didn't know what it was called so he named it "Gourmet Pop-Tart!"  It was tasty!

Pop Tart
 Dad made his mother's recipe of Pecan Pie!  It's a classic and he makes it every year...and it was buttery and scrumptious!
Dad's Pecan Pie

Rebecca and I made tasting plated for everyone.  Cutting 5 small pieces of these desserts was hard!  Somehow we made it through!

Each dessert was numbered and we each tasted them in order.  We then filled out our ballots and the votes were tallied...

I found this picture of Mille Feuille and I couldn't wait to put them next to each other! If he would have added a top...it would have looked great!
Who won???


The Christmas wreath won with an astounding 5 1st place votes!  I was sooooo excited!  Now, what should be do next year?  We are thinking that everyone has to be given the secret ingredient! Maybe a can of cranberry??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...