Wednesday, July 10, 2013

NYC Day 1

We left bright and early on Wednesday morning for NYC to visit my brother.  We were delayed in Shreveport so that made us miss our flight in Memphis.  Since we were displaced, they upgraded me, Dad, and Carolyn to FIRST CLASS for our flight to NYC!  I've never experienced first class before.  It was neat, but I wouldn't pay for it.  Totally not worth the money. I made sure I took full advantage of all the amenities though!
I couldn't believe it! 
So we made it to NYC 5 hours later than we were supposed to and had to rush to get ready to make our 5:45 dinner reservation.  I had blisters on my feet after the first hour of walking.
Times Square!!

Michael and me with NYPD




Dad and Carolyn

brother/sister

We ate at the 21 Club and jackets were required for men.  It was 100 degrees outside and my dad took his off when we arrived to cool off.  The maitre d' came over and asked him to put it back on.

Toys all over the ceiling
Before we left the waiter came over and told us that Martin Scorsese and George Lucas were dining a few tables away from us.  I wasn't star struck because I have no idea who they are, but apparently it was a big deal.  I just looked up a picture on the internet of Martin and it looked just like him!


We had to rush to get to our play, Matilda.  It won several Tony awards and was very creative.  I thought we were going to have really good seats, but it turned out we were on the last row of the balcony...AKA the VERY LAST ROW.  Oh well.  We could still see and hear everything. 


The stage


We were exhausted by the time we got done with the play since we had been awake for 20 hours.  One thing about this trip is that there was hardly any down time.  We tried to make every moment count!

2 comments:

  1. How do y'all afford all these trips? Would love to hear some budgeting tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya'll look super swank! Love the times square photo! Can't wait to see more. -Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...