Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Perfect Summer Day

We had the best summer day.  We had a birthday party, went to a petting zoo, and finished the day off with a dip in the pool.  What can be better than doing all of this with your family?  Nothing, I tell ya!

We started out the day with Drew's birthday party.  It was Cars themed just like last year.  The boys loved it and so did Drew.
Eating popcorn while watching a movie

Pin the number on Lightening!

Henry even got to play!


Happy 4th birthday, Drew!

And this just pretty much melted my heart. Kisses for Daddy!

After we left the party Neil had to pick up a drill press.  It was all the way out in Blanchard so we decided that we might as well go to Jubilee Zoo whilst out that way.  This place was pretty darn nice. All the animals were sure locked up in pens and cages, but they seemed like enjoy the kids feeding them.

Goats!

Bennett was VERY cautious.

Henry found some chickens that he felt like chasing.  He followed them all over the place.

Pig!

Henry pet the pig and then picked up the mulch and threw it all over himself.

Bennett was in love!  I was trying not to get grossed out by my kids touching these animals.  I am a little bit of a germaphobe.

Pony rides!

Henry rode Betsy and Bennett rode Cinnamon.  Betsy is Cinnamon's mom.

Family pony photo


Next up, hayride!
 The hay ride was an experience!  We saw Rebecca's old college roomie there and she gave us some of her son's party favors...the kids love the binoculars!  Thanks, Courtney!  Anyway, the camel came right up and started chewing on them.

Thankfully, Neil tied my hair up with a receipt because I didn't have a ponytail holder.  Wow, it was hot.  

Neil was holding my camera and I thought he was getting a picture of me with Henry.  He said "Look to your left." and  the camel was basically on top of me. I was surprised.  Neil says this is his favorite picture of me.


After the zoo, we had to stop off at DQ for a popsicle.  It was so hot we needed something to help us cool off.  We met a Terminex man there that told us his entire life story.  It was sweet.

We got home and put the boys down for late naps.  I was shocked that Bennett didn't fall asleep!  We made dinner, ate, and then headed to POTC for an evening cool down. The only mishap we had was that I forgot to put the bag in the car.  Oops...no towels or swim diaper.  Daddy and Henry had to go home to get it.




2 comments:

  1. I agree with Neil! Totally love that picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture with you and the camel! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...