Friday, July 12, 2013

NYC Culinary Tour

As you may know, I am total culinary tour believer.  You get a great deal for your money, eat lots, and hear history.  I will try a culinary tour in every new "foodie" city I visit.  This tour had us in the Chelsea Market and Meatpacking district.  Since we had seen Greenwich village, SOHO, the financial district, WTC, and Broadway I wanted a different area of the city.

Chelsea Market is over a million square feet and used to be the Nabisco factory

Dad and me before the tour

First stop was a little bakery where we enjoyed a mini red velvet cupcake


Next stop was fresh chocolate milk right out of the cow!


finally, a group photo!!

Grilled cheese

We had a 12 minute break so Neil and I went to the raw oyster bar.  You could choose from 15 different types of raw oysters all with different flavors and levels of salinity.

Tuck's sage and sausage rolls

FMJ and Carolyn
After the market, we headed up to the Highline (an old train track that was made into a park).
my top via here.

I had to wear tennis shoes because my feet were so blistered.  


The old train tracks

1 comment:

  1. I love the culinary tour! Those sausage things look amazing. Looks like ya'll had a blast in NYC! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...