Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March Birthdays

We get to celebrate all kinds of birthdays in March.  Neil turned 32, my dad celebrated 23 years of sobriety, and Nana & Gigi celebrated their birthdays.  I’m glad that we were a part of all of these special occasions.


I planned a little birthday gathering at Outback, Neil’s favorite restaurant, on March 8th for his birthday.   Sadly, he was being a birthday Scrooge and said “Bah Humbug” to his birthday dinner so it was cancelled and I have not one picture of him on his birthday.  He was really excited about his fancy birthday gift, though.  I have been saving up to get him a Nest thermostat.  He loves these things and has wanted one for a while.  When I was at the bank cashing checks, I saw Clint G. who said “welcome to your thirties, you get a thermostat!”  So fitting!


Dad had 23 years of sobriety on March 6th and I went to my yearly AA meeting last Monday.  It is always a nice time to hear all the nice things said about my dad at that meeting.  There is ALWAYS talk of how much my dad HATED AA when he first got there but he just kept going back.  I always like that he says that because there were some new people there and maybe they will keep coming back!    Here is the cake that his sponsor got for him.



Finally, we celebrated Nana and Gigi today.  Nana shares her birthday with St. Patrick’s Day and Gigi will be 96 on March 18th.  We had a fun brunch today at Squire Creek. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...