Monday, January 9, 2012

Last week of freedom

We have arrived at my last week of freedom.  I go back to work on January 17th.  I have had the best time ever being home with my Henry, going to all of Bennett's school activities, lunches and dates with Neil, enjoying the holidays, and relaxing on the weekends.  I am about to get back in full swing of lesson plans, work activities, and the most important...preparing my lunch for the next day.  I will end each Sunday with going and blowing to get ready for the week ahead.  No more relaxing on Sunday nights for me.  This season of my life has been one of my favorites and I do not want it to end.  Who knows?  Maybe I will get 7 1/2 months off of work someday again...hope so.  This week I will talk about my last week of doing what I want, when I want!

We began Monday with a "trial run" of how our mornings will go.  We just needed to practice all getting out the door by 7:15.  I will say that we did a great job.  Neil is going to take the boys to their childcare locations each morning because his schedule is more flexible and he has a great attitude about it.  

The first thing on my agenda was to stop by the Laundromat to do 2 loads of Bennett's pee-soaked linens and our clothes.  This has to be the most inconvenient thing.  Our washer decided to quit working on Thursday night and Chris doesn't get any washers in until Tuesday!  Can't wait to get a working washer again.  5 days in long enough to go without one!

I began the day with my last MOPS. If you can join MOPS...please do!  It is such a fun way to hang out with other moms with the same beliefs and values as me.  I will miss it so much.
Me, Emily, and Casey at my last MOPS
After MOPS, I had to head to school to try and get my classroom ready.  I am going to try and go a few times this week.  I really couldn't get much done in the 2 hours I was there because students were in and out and they had their projects EVERYWHERE.  To say that I am a little overwhelmed by my classroom might be a small understatement.  I will head back there on Thursday.

After school, I headed to trade cars with Neil and then to school to pick up Maddie and Bennett. Bennett was so excited to have Maddie ride in his car!  We headed out to pick up Henry after that.  This was Henry's first day to go to his new sitter.  They are a really sweet older couple.  The husband LOVES to fish.  This is the only picture I took because he was so excited to show us his catch.  He would not let us leave until we saw the fish.  Way to go!



After we saw the fish, we headed to our favorite fro-yo spot!  We are really using our Christmas elf gifts!  Bennett and Maddie were LOVING their yogurt.  They even took turns feeding each other. :)



Our evening ended with dinner, folding laundry, and one of us watched the LSU/BAMA game.  It wasn't me and I didn't even find out who won until the next day.  It was a productive first day of my last week of freedom.

3 comments:

  1. Hard transition, I'm sure :( :( :(
    I'm glad you found a good arrangement for Henry, I know that makes a big difference!!
    Super cute pics of the kids at the FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad you have to go back to work but thankful you got to have such a long maternity leave to spend some extra quality time with your boys! And hopefully it will be summer break before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so smart to do a trial run! I love that Maddie is feeding Bennett. Sweet friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...