Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Campers

All the Lewis boys went camping yesterday after school and work.  Henry and I joined them for dinner and campfire time for a little bit, but came home for bed and warmth!  Bennett was thrilled to be out at the 604 Hunting Club.  Neil has been trying for about 2 years to get some sort of shelter out there for us to stay on weekends or for them to hunt.  I think they have finally decided on a single wide mobile home.  It's gonna be swanky!  I can't wait to have a little redneck weekend getaway!

I was so excited to head out there after work.  Bennett was so excited he could barely speak in a full sentence.  He just couldn't get over the camper, woods, and endless supply of flashlights.  When Richard pulled up with the camper, it was like he was seeing a celebrity pull in to Hollywood.

I will speak for Neil when I say that he was probably really glad I decided to go out there.  He never really thought about what he was going to do if Bennett needed to go to the bathroom.  Let's just say that we had a piece of firewood, wipes, a flashlight, and the woods.  I won't elaborate, but I want this written so we can look back and laugh!

He was such a big helper unloading all the wood. Check out his boots.

He unloaded all the chairs.

Look at the Lewis boys with their arms crossed!  So macho! (Richard had his arms like this so Bennett copied to look like him!)

With camper in background

Grandad and Henry


me and my little man

Having a flashlight outside while camping is the BEST!

All 4 boys!

Roasting marshmallows

He ate about 15 marshmallows and that was only while I was there.

He had canned apple juice and thought it was so cool.

Connor and Chad got there later and they had a BLAST!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a grand time! Y'all didn't even look too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bennett looks so big and he even looks like he is drinking a beer with his dad! :) I'm glad they had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...