Monday, January 24, 2011

Haiti Banquet

On Saturday night we attended the Haiti Gratitude Banquet at church. It was for sponsors, mission trip members, and people who wanted more information about the missions in Haiti. All of the Sunday School classes at church were invited to cover the cost of 1 person from their class to go on the trip. I am proud to say that our class is the only one sending anyone...and we are sending 2! Since Neil and Beau will be going on a mission trip soon, we got to attend. It was such a nice evening. We got to learn about all types of missions through the Global Orphan Project, Land of a Thousand Hills, and Living Water Ministries. It was so neat to hear about all of this cool stuff!

We even experienced a traditional Haitian meal.. I made sure to take a picture of the food to document on here. We had pumpkin soup, chicken in creole sauce, rice and beans, cole slaw, fried plantains, and my favorite...fruit salad!

Leigh and Beau enjoying their Haitian meal. Beau loved the pumpkin soup.

Me and Neil
I am so proud of Neil for choosing to go on this trip. I can't wait to hear about the life-changing experiences he will have!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of Neil too. I can't wait to hear about the trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...