Monday, January 17, 2011

Doctors Appointments

We had 3 appointments on MLK day. So glad I was off to go to all of these appointments. My brother was off, too so he drove up from New Orleans for the appointments. I had my camera in my purse as always so we had a little distraction. My brother will take a picture of anything!

We picked up lunch at Taco Bell and headed to the Cancer Center. Here are Dad and Michael with his taco.

And let the random pictures begin...I brought my notes to write my thank you cards for my birthday.





The ceiling...


We got to Schumpert at 1 and here we are leaving around 5. It was an all day thing. Michael left straight from here to head back to New Orleans.

Now for the doctor recap:

Dad's first appointment was to have a mask made for the radiation. Every appointment was about an hour behind schedule. Good thing we had all day.

The second appointment was with Dr. Boniol, the chemo doctor. We really liked this guy. He had great bed side manner and was very thorough. We heard all of the options and decided to go with the cisplatinum chemo drug. This is what Dr. Boniol recommended. Dad will have only 3 chemo treatments each lasting about 8 hours each. The first one is 1/26/11. The main thing he said that Dad needs is lots of fluids. We will go in the next day after each treatment for more fluids. We have to be there on Wednesday at 8 am. He told us that this will be a really anti-climatic treatment for him. Meaning that he probably isn't going to feel too bad. Good News!!!

The third and final appointment of the day was with the GI doctor about the feeding tube. We met with the fellow first. I hope all of our friends who are just starting out being doctors sound better than this guy. We met with the doctor who will be putting in the tube and he was OK. We just got the facts and set up an appointment.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Lindsey~ just wanted to tell you I'm praying for your dad and the team of doctors working with him. I'm friends with Susie, Dr. B's wife. Your dad is in great hands!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...