Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bennett Lately

Bennett has been growing and learning so much lately. He says so much that I wanted to try and remember it by posting it here.

He calls himself "Mennett." We don't know why because he can say his "Bs." I will say ba ba ba Bennett and he will say "ba ba ba Mennett!" Neil will trick him and say ma ma ma Bennett, but he will still say Mennett. We think it's cute.

He loves to sing. He sings Happy Birthday, Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes, Muffin Man, ABCs, and others. All of the songs are not the exact words, but they work.


He says things like "Hold you Mommy (or Daddy)," "want to go upstairs," "big hugs," and "don't want it."

A few weeks ago while staying at Nana and Granddad's... they served everyone gumbo and Bennett said "where my dumbo?"


He really loves trucks and motorcycles. Anytime we pass one on the road he will say "motorcycle" or "big truck!"


One thing we need to work on is sharing. He did not want to share with Mason the other day we were playing. I want him to be nice to his friends and his soon to be brother or sister.


He still loves any ball and is rather rough with them. He and Neil play games where they throw the balls at each other and it gets intense. We have to have rules for mom and rules for dad!



We are loving watching Bennett grow and learn every day. He is the joy of our lives and continues to amaze us daily!

4 comments:

  1. That is so funny that Bennett says "Hold You!" Preston has always said that and I thought it was so cute :) Sadly, he is getting his pronouns down pat and now is telling me "Hold Me!" They are growing up to fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved hearing him sing his ABC's the other day! Mason was having a hard time sharing too, it wasn't all Bennett! They both need to learn by this summer (I'm sure they will!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the updates! I'll post all of my comments on this one post. First of all, who is this Eric? I must chat Leslie ASAP. Second, I'm so glad you had a nice birthday! Third, your dad is so lucky to have a daughter like you and I am so glad his doctors are first class and his treatment starts soon! Last, you are not a dork:)! And as always, "Mennett" is precious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...