Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend

Our plan was to head to Nashville when Neil got off work on Thursday. After Bennett's broken arm, we decided to just stay home. We really hated to miss all the fun that Beck had planned for us. Luckily, we re-scheduled for a weekend in October. It will be cooler anyway.

We had a lot of fun this weekend. We just laid low and hung out. We did go to Ella Grace's 3rd birthday on Friday night. It was so fun and creative. Ashleigh made every single thing for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed party. They just got back from Disney so I think EG is loving it. I only took pictures of a few of her cute details...

Love this totally Mickey banner.

They had a Mickey Mouse jump house, but with the state of Bennett's arm I just couldn't let him get in there. He was not too happy about that. We opted for playing in EGs room with Mr. Max.

A family portrait at the party.

Yes she made rice krispy treats in the shape of Mickey.

Bennett's favorite part of the night was definitely the cupcake. It was huge with green icing. He made a huge mess and tried to eat every bit of the icing.

He was a little less than excited when we finally took it away from him.

I was the laziest I have ever been on Saturday. Neil let me sleep in. I took 2 naps and stayed in my pjs until 5:30 pm. I can't stand wasting a day like that, but I guess I needed the rest. The Hannas had everyone over for a "tailgating" themed dinner. Everyone was supposed to bring tailgating food. I guess they are really getting ready for football season.

Neil made these bacon wrapped cheeseburgers. They were supposed to be turtles, but didn't end up working out.

Beau made bacon wrapped deer meat with cream cheese and jalapeƱo. YUM!

James made the mahi mahi fish tacos. We had some gourmet tailgating food.


After we ate, Bennett had everyone sign his cast. He is so cute to bring the pen and cast to you. He loves having it signed.

Poor Marge! Her dog head butted her and gave her a black eye. The girl with the black eye and the boy with the broken arm. Picture perfect.


The Montgomerys came over to see Bennett and to sign his little cast on Sunday. That was so sweet of them to think of Bennett.
We headed to the Becton-Cox house for dinner on Sunday. We had a really eventful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a full weekend despite being lazy! Neil's burgers looked good! I love that picture of Bennett screaming with green icing on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, those burgers look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...