Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Decorations!-Tour of Homes

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

Welcome to our Christmas decorated home! Come on in and look around.

This is on our front door:


This wreath is on our side door.

Here is our tree! I really like it this year. I used that colored net stuff and love what it does on the tree.

Here are a few of my favorite ornaments. This one is very special to me because when Leslie and I lived in London, we would meet at Harrod's every Thursday and pick out a new Christmas ornament. I love the London black cab!

Ann made this sweet ornament for me when Neil and I got engaged. At the time, I was playing tennis. I have since hung up my racket.

Anyway, I just love it and it was so thoughtful of her to think of us.

This one I love because Neil and I picked up this mini set of clogs in The Netherlands. I try to buy an ornament every time we go to a new place.


I made this little Saints tree for Neil a few years ago. It sits on our kitchen counter. It is really on it's last leg and I need to re-do it. I even put tickets on it from a game we went to.

This just sits on one of our end tables.

I got this idea from my friend Leslie. We are going to buy a new Christmas book each year. If you haven't read The Tale of Three Trees..you have to! It is the sweetest book!

Here are my apothecary jars that I have sitting on top of my book shelf. I change them out with every season!

I love this southern plate that Meredith gave me.


Here are our stockings. I ordered them last year when Bennett was born.


This is a new addition this year. I wanted to come up with a way to display our Christmas cards. I thought this was a perfect way to display them for all to see. I just bought those little removable hooks and hung garland over the door frame. I just used clothes pins to attach the cards. I tied ribbon on some of them but they need something more to make them festive! I get so giddy when I go to the mail box to see if we have any cards!


And here we have the reason for the season.

Merry Christmas Y'all!

6 comments:

  1. Your home is gorgeous. I loved the seeing your special ornaments. We try to bring back an ornament from our vacations too. Our Rachel would like to have one from London one day. Christmas blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good, I really love the wreath on the door! Bennett will enjoy growing up in such a festive home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas decorations look great! I love the colors you used on your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your decorations! I love the idea of getting an ornament from everywhere you visit! I'll have to remember that! :) I love that wreath in the first pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your two wreaths! Did you make them?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...