Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bennett's Indian Holiday and Feast

At Bennett's new school, the parties are about 2 hours long.  I love how they want to make sure every parent/grandparent is invited.  It makes it so special for the kids to have their loved one there and the parents get to see their babies enjoying themselves at school.  It really is a great thing.  Henry's school always says "you don't need to come, we will take lots of pictures."  I realize that on these special days it's a lot to get the kids reined back in, but come on...they are only little once!  They aren't going to want us at these things when they are 15!  I am savoring it now!

For Indian Holiday, each child received a ticket with 6 different stations they had to attend.  Face painting, drum making, necklace station, buckskin drawing, bracelet making, and feather hat station.  I was the face painter!  Each mom would mark off that they went to the station and then they could move along to wherever they wanted to go next.  Such a fun, organized party.  Mrs. F really knows how to get those kids to do just what she wants.  Love her.

so thankful!

My little charging bull.  He came up with his own name.

I just can't believe how big he is!





making his drum

Allie Grace and Bennett

Bennett and Jack...he loves Jack and talks about him all the time

Bennett, Jack, and Carlon



Easton and Bennett


all the sweet boys

The whole class minus Ava

popcorn and apple juice for snack
I left for a couple hours and then it was time to return for the Thanksgiving feast.  mmmmm school cafeteria Thanksgiving food.  Delish.  I picked up Julieanne's for B and me and Dad was not to happy about that.  He said "y'all got Julieanne's and I have to eat this shit?"  ha.  Next time we will bring something for everyone.

I brought B a special orange (his new favorite color) iced cupcake with a turkey on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...