Monday, October 15, 2012

Revelin'

One of my favorite Shreveport events in the fall is the Red River Revel.  It is the largest outdoor arts festival in North Louisiana.  It is a great one.  Sometimes it just feels like "Revel weather." Native Shreveporters know what I am talking about!

We headed down to the Revel after I picked up the boys from school.  We did face painting, ate some delicious festival food, and even shopped for groceries.  The highlight was when Bennett got called up on stage to help a juggler!  He was ecstatic!

Bennett chose a skull and crossbones and a pumpkin.

Beautiful H just watched from the sidelines

So...Bennett's debut on the Revel stage was a hit. I had tears in my eyes from smiling and laughing so much.  I am just a proud mama!  He did a great job.  The guy called him up and Bennett said "I don't know how to juggle."  That was OK because he was going to have a ball spin on his finger while making a plate spin on a stick in his other hand!


Getting his finger ready for the ball

The plate is spinning on the stick just ready for the ball on the other hand

I didn't get a picture of both because they fell, but he did a great job!  He loved when the audience was screaming out "Go Bennett!"  They cheered for him and he jumped up and down..oh he was proud!  He received a balloon animal for helping.
Next, it was time for my favorite, grocery shopping!  They have a miniature Brookshire's set up for the kids to grocery shop. Cutest thing ever.
He only had 5 things on his list...but he bought a whole basket full...I wonder where he gets that?

Neil met us at the Revel after work and joined us for dinner.  It is amazing to me what people can cook up in a tent with a hot plate and a microwave.  I was glad we saw the Pipkin family as we were leaving because Nancy snapped this family photo of us!

Happy Revelers!

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute! I wonder where Bennett gets his stage personality from??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...