Friday, June 1, 2012

Show Us Your Life-Living Rooms

I've been wanting to link up with Kelly for her show us your life home tour for a while now.  I am so glad I was home on my first day of summer to snap some pictures today!  We moved into this house November of 2011 and we are just really loving it.  The layout is much better than our old house.  We love having an open living room to play and entertain.

You can see our old living room here.

Here is a shot from the entryway:
The built-ins next to the fireplace were not there.  We added them and we think they look like they've always been there.

You can see that I had to add some foam core to the fireplace because Henry was trying to eat the rocks.  Neil is printing out a fire scene to paste over it.  I don't care how it looks...I just want to keep my baby safe!

Margaret, our artist friend, did the painting.  It is 6 feet by 4 feet...we love it!
And now we come to my absolute LEAST favorite part of the living room.  This table with pictures.  Whenever I get new pictures I just stick them over here and then I never go back and do anything to them.  I love the table, but the combo of everything is not my favorite.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ick!

I always have so much fun "touring" other homes via the internet.  Can't wait to see yours!

7 comments:

  1. You're home is beautifully decorated. The mix of colors and textures is wonderful. Greens and browns are our favorite colors.
    You've done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the fireplace and built in bookshelves. That is one addition I want to make to our living room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the built-ins! It seems so silly for something so simple, but I'd love to have built-ins in our dream house. And I love the patterned ottoman you have in front of the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty room! The colors are so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great print over the couch/sofa. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that painting and the bookshelves. And Bennett looks so cute in his last day of school picture. He has changed so much! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your BIG living room...it looks very crisp, but comfortable. i am in NO WAY a decorator...and i don't even consider myself gifted in it :-) but here are some thoughts i have regarding your "picture table"...i would consider a different arrangement for your wall pictures. maybe take away one of the larger frames and replace with 2 smaller pictures so that you would have a variety of sizes up there to add more visual interest. you could also buy a decorative "L" to include on the wall arrangement. finding the best arrangement for all these things would be the hardest part, but i'm sure you could make it look nice. basically, IMO, adding a little "art" on the wall and replacing and rearranging the frames (add some small, keep some big) would be a nice touch. as far as the table, i think identical lamps to flank the table would add some balance. candlesticks could stay, but would be more decorative and would keep the table from looking exclusively pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...