Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fantastic Father's Day

Our Father's Day started really early this year.  We were up by 6:20 full on energy and ready to go.  Neil got to sleep in a little bit while I made breakfast.  He is a good daddy so I thought he deserved a morning to sleep in!! :)

The boys gave Neil a couple of fun little things including a Batman card that Bennett said he wanted Neil to have.  We were at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and I let Bennett pick one out.  He immediately found the Batman card even though I was trying to persuade him to get a cuter one.  I'm just not into super heroes.  Anyway, we hid the card in the buggy and went on about our business.  Neil walked over to the cart and Bennett grabbed the card and said "look what I got for you, I want you to have it!"  It was really sweet.  He colored it beautifully and even added a few circles to it.

We headed to church where we were going to meet Richard and Rebecca.  We received a text saying Rebecca decided to sleep in so they would just meet us at home for our Father's Day grill and chill lunch.  Rebecca "made" kabobs for the crew and I handled the sides and dessert.  It was a totally fun, relaxed meal.

Neil received this awesome "Who Dat Nation Saints Fan" certificate.  He sent me a link to that said "Father's Day gift idea for me" in the subject line.  Done and done.

It was dated 2010, but no one is looking that close!

Bennett acting like Otis

adorable pic of my boys

Adorable picture of Richard and his kids...only thing missing was Andrew


My dad with me and my boys...just missing my brother.
I found a cute card idea for Father's Day on Pinterest here.  I knew it was perfect for our granddads because they both have a sweet tooth.  They loved them!  If you are making one of these candy cards...shop early.  I went to 4 places before I found everything I needed.



All the dads grilling.  I said I would grill so Neil wouldn't have to do anything, but he didn't want to relax.

Bennett helped Grandad open his presents.  
The afternoon went off without a hitch until the hose popped out of the back of the washer and flooded the laundry room AND Bennett decided to get in to a can pf spray paint!



Bennett and everything he "painted."

Bennett went outside while we were finishing up our dessert inside.  He goes out in the back a lot so it wasn't a big deal. He came inside about 5 minutes later and got one of my white cloth napkins to wipe his hand.  The conversation went something like this:

 me: "What is that?"
Bennett: "It's just paint."
me: "What did you paint?"
Bennett: "Just everything!"
me: "What is everything?"
Bennett: "The baseball glove."

So yes, he painted the baseball glove, the ground, the WINDOW screen, chalk table, our new to us patio furniture and I am sure we will find it other places!  I guess we need to watch him 24/7 or not leave spray paint out.  I couldn't really get mad because I am the one that left the paint out on the table.

The day ended with a surprise massage from me and my dad for Neil while I got the kids bathed and to bed.  Our favorite massage therapist is affordable and she comes to your house!  If you need her info...let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! The spray paint all over everything sounds like something that would happen at my house!! Neil needs to teach Tyler the trick of sending gift idea texts! That sure would make giving him gifts much easier!! I'm not creative or good at coming up with things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you, the boys, and your dad! :) Sounds like your Father's Day was quite eventful! Love you cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is too cute. I love all of your family pictures. The one with your dad and Bennett is awesome. I just love Bennett's face!

    It seems like Bennett might be an artist with all his spray painting skills.

    Glad y'all had a good father's day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...