Saturday, August 6, 2011

Big Helper

I have a new food blog that I am "lovin'!"  It is called Lovin' from the Oven.  She makes the best looking stuff.  When I saw her recipe for Zucchini Bread I knew I had to try it.  When I was a nanny on Fisher's Island during the summer between my sophomore and junior years of college, the housekeeper made zucchini bread all the time.  When I saw this recipe, it reminded me of taking care of 3 kids ages 7, 5, and, 2 and doing everything for them from 8am-8pm for a measly $300 per week.  I was a glorified slave.  At least I got to eat this fabulous bread that Jamaican born, Beverly made each week.  Memories.

I put on my apron and started working on the bread.  When Bennett saw that I put my apron on, he wanted his on as well.  He thought it was so cool to pull the chair up to the island to "help me."  As I was measuring the applesauce to go in the batter, I said "I have to measure it."  He went and got the tape measure and said "I measure, too!"  So sweet that he knew all about measuring...just not the same kind I was talking about! :)

He was really good at turning on the mixer.  Sometimes it would go really too fast  because it was just so fun to move the switch.


He wanted to help stir.  He did a great job helping me pour in the ingredients.

I tried to take this of him "stirring" and then when I looked a the picture later...he was licking the spatula!

We ate the bread this morning for breakfast and it was fabulous.  Bennett kept telling Neil "I made it for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...