Friday, March 4, 2011

Neil's Surprise 30th Birthday Party!

We had a surprise 30th "Who Dat" celebration for Neil tonight. It was so much fun and he was a little surprised. After weeks of preparation, I am so glad that I can actually talk to him about the party details that I have been needing to talk to him about! Things would happen, fall through, or whatever and of course, I would want to talk to my husband but I didn't want to ruin the surprise. I felt like I was being a sneaky wife because every time I acquired cash, I would put it in an envelope. I couldn't use the bank account to pay for things because he would be suspicious! Boy, I am glad all the snaking around is over! It was tough! Thanks so much to Dad for your help!

I started in January looking at invitations. I bought these from this etsy shop. I thought they were cute and they even came with a black envelope!


Rebecca found a picture of a cake and had one made in Ruston. I think it turned out really cute!

Thanks Rebecca!!

We set up a little photo area along with the favors. I am huge fan of favors in case you didn't know. We had koozies and chocolate covered oreos. Little did Neil know...the Valentine's Oreos were just my trial run for his party!

I thought the favor bags turned out so cute! A BIG FAT thanks to Leslie for putting them together for me. I could not have done the party without you. I ordered the toppers from this etsy shop. I LOVE ETSY! It was so easy because she just e-mailed the pdf file to me and I printed them myself.

Here is the food table. I had the food catered by Charles Ashley. I just would have had no time to cook all of this food with Neil at the house. It was the best decision I ever made. He came in and set everything up. He made himself at home and went through my cabinets and closets and used my stuff to make it look awesome. I definitely have new ideas for parties now.

Dad got the printed stuff for me. The cups say "Neil's 30th birthday" and "Who Dat?" The koozies say "I celebrated with Neil Lewis on his 30th birthday!

I do think I need some more ideas for centerpieces. I make these every time. Just a burlap sack and green plant with pictures and fleur de lis stuck in it. Easy.
Onto the party:

Rebecca was such a big help for the party. I was so glad that she came early to help me!

Emily, Casey, Erinn, Leslie, Erin, and Camila

Mom and Charlie

Andre, Trey, Tim, Matthew, and Michael

We love the Palmers!

Bennett had fun playing and taking everything off the decorated tables. Mom took him home to stay with her a little while into the party.

Neil pulled up and opened the garage and we were all standing in there saying "Surprise!" We started singing "Happy Birthday." He was so red. It was really cute.


Hunter Smith is standing next to Neil. We were so glad that the Smiths traveled from Ruston to be here. I thought that was so sweet. They have 3 boys. 1 is born on Dec. 11th like Bennett. They have another born on Aug. 11th and we are due in August....maybe the Lewis and Smith boys could all be birthday buddies!

Casey, Emily, Leslie, me, and Erinn

Tim, Derrick, Richard, and Hunter (the most wonderful helper...he did so much to help me with the party) Thanks Hunter!

Janine, Neil, me, and Dad

Me and the birthday boy



Here is Neil blowing out his candles

Me, Neil, and the Hannas

Amy and me

Neil with his cute glasses that the Montgomerys gave him

The Bevilles with their "classy" favors.

Amy had a lot of fun!

I made a little slideshow of pictures for Neil. It was a doozie getting it to play on the TV. I thought it was a nice touch.

No-So-Funny Story: I bought Neil a personalized Saints jersey that said "REAL DEAL NEIL" on the back. I received it one day when Neil was here so I had to hurry and throw it up in the top of my closet. I just got it down to look at it the other day and it was a PINK AARON RODGERS jersey! I was shocked and so sad! It is from China and I cannot get in touch with them.

Neil loves the Drew Brees signed Super Bowl football that Rebecca and Andrew gave him.

I have to give my thanks again to all of the wonderful people that helped make the party a success. Without you, the party would not have happened.

THANK YOU LESLIE!
THANK YOU HUNTER!
THANK YOU JANINE!
THANK YOU REBECCA!
THANK YOU DAD!

1 comment:

  1. wow! what an awesome party! i love surprises. you've just proven once again that you'll be my party planner, if i ever need one :-) i'm so sorry about the jersey...that's so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...