Sunday, March 13, 2011

Henry William Lewis

I am so glad that I actually have a name for my baby before 3 days before delivery. People always want to know where names of kids come from so I thought I would document it here.

Henry has always been one of my favorite names for a boy. I even wanted to name Bennett Henry, but Neil was not into it. I used to keep a little boy in the nursery at Trinity while I was in college named Jack Henry. I LOVE THAT NAME. Neil is not in to double-names for boys. He thinks they will grow out of it and he is probably right. I realized later that my great-grandfather's name was Henry. (My Gammy's dad) Henry won't be named after him, because I've never even met him...I will get to this in a second.

William is named after my dad, Frank William Jones Jr. William will be both of their middle names. We are naming him after my dad because he is one of the most dependable, trustworthy people I know. If my dad says he is going to do something...he certainly will! We hope Henry will have that great characteristic. When we were eating dinner the other night, Richard mentioned that his dad's name was William, too. (William Andrew Jackson Lewis) So, we have Williams all around.

Family Name: this is something you will almost NEVER hear me say. I am not in to people looking at a family tree from 50 years ago just to find a "cool family name." I am in to naming a person a name because you like it. Or, naming a baby after someone that is significant in their lives. I always joke with Neil that if we have a girl...we should name her Lindsey because, well "it's a family name!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...