Thursday, December 30, 2010

Horrible News

Today we learned that my dad has stage 4 tongue cancer. We went to see Dr. Ghali today to see what we needed to do. We were glad that we could actually get in to their office. Dr. Ghali was in a meeting the whole time we were there, so we saw his fellow, Dr. Yew. We don't know much except for the fact that he has his biopsy and scope on Tuesday and that he had to cancel his Argentina trip. Everyone is shocked at the news. My dad works out like 2 hours a day and hasn't smoked in 13 years or had a sip of alcohol in 20. Dr. Yew said that he was in better shape than him!

The only thing we know to do is pray. This is not in our hands and we know that. So, all you prayer warriors out there...please say a prayer or 10 for my dad!

11 comments:

  1. oh wow lindsey. such great new and such aweful news all in one week. i will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for your Dad and your family. I am so sorry that y'all are going through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell your dad he is in the best of hands when it comes to doctors. I had tongue cancer, and Dr. Ghali/Dr. Kim did my surgery in May '08. I was very lucky in that it was caught early, and they got it all. I had some places on my tongue, and they had been watching them for about 5 years.
    I was in the 4% as I had never smoked or drank.
    He will be in my prayers, and please keep me updated.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, Lindsey!!! Will definitely be praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this Lindsey! I've been through on that roller coaster, so I'll be praying for your Dad and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey, I am so very sorry! We will keep your Dad in our prayers. If you need anything please let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lindsey, I am so sorry to hear that. We are praying for your dad. You are in good hands with Dr. Gahli. You know you can call and talk to Brett about it if you don't understand something the Dr's say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just read this....am so sorry....Dr Ghali use to date a friend and I have always heard great things about him....Praying for your Dad...As we so well know, life can change in a moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just catching up on blog reading. Congrats on the new baby! I am so excited for your growing family!

    Lots of prayers for your healthy pregnancy and for your sweet dad. I am so sorry that yall are going through this. I pray that God comforts your family during this trial. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindsey I am so sorry! We will say lots of prayers for him. Dr Ghali and his staff are hands down amazing and they will without a doubt find a treatment plan for him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for y'all, Lindsey. I'm so sorry your family has to go through this, but there is hope in each day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...