Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bennett's Birthday Party Invitation

I felt that Bennett's birthday party invite deserved a post of its own if for no other reason than I have been working on these things for 6 months and still didn't get what I envisioned. I finally just came to grips with the fact that is it a 2 year olds birthday party and people throw them away! The best idea ever came to me when Bennett received one of these for Valentine's Day this year. He loved it and I wanted to make his invitation a ball. I wanted the ball to be printed with the invitation details on it. Well, this was a lot harder to find than you might think.

So, I scoured the Internet for someone that might print on balls. I even called the 800 number of the manufacturer on one of the balls from Wal-Mart in those big wire vats of balls. No luck.

Jean from Cayenne Marketing and Painting with a Twist was such a huge help. She can print on anything! She is the best for any type of promotional product. Use her! She is awesome. She found these balls for me. When she sent me the proof of the ball...I thought it was perfect. Little did I know that it was going to be tiny. I was confused on the dimensions of the ball. I need to go back to middle school math. It was back to the drawing board after I received these.

After more searching, I decided to go with a more traditional paper invite. I wanted it to have the 3D effect with maybe using a spring to make it look like it was bouncing. No one could really get my vision...probably because my visions are unrealistic! This is what Erin came up with! She did a good job of making a ball and making it look like the balls were bouncing. I decided to send this invite with the actual ball in a big envelope. I thought it turned out to look pretty festive.

Here are all of the invites. It looks like a ton because of the balls. It's not because you have a limit at Gymboree.

Erin made the mailing label look so cute. It said "Bounced from: our address" and "Bouncing to: the guest!" I loved that she thought of that.

So all in all...they were cute. Some of the kids have already been playing with theirs! Next year, I am going low maintenance...maybe.

4 comments:

  1. such a cute idea! i bet all the kids were excited to get a ball in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the invites. I thought they were so cute and creative! I wish we could've been there to celebrate with Bennett but we will be in town the week after Christmas. If yall arent too busy we'd love to play and see your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love the idea!! I am laughing WITH you because I did Mickey and Minnie for my children's birthdays last year and was totally consumed with it for 6 months! If it had M and M on it, I knew about it or had ordered it, plus spent a fortune in the process! I was done with the over planning and we celebrated their birthdays at Great Wolf Lodge this year. So worth it!

    Yet there is nothing like planning your child's birthday party. It is so much fun and only comes around once a year. Happy Birthday Bennett!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i may need to call you for ideas for o's 2nd bday! i've been thinking and can't come up with something i like! and i'm doing what i think is appropriate for as long as i can before she starts insisting on cheesy bday themes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...