Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Fun!

Neil went to a Dallas Mavericks game with Matthew and Trey today. The Mavericks are in the NBA in case you didn't know...I didn't! They left around noon for a night of fun! I got right in the kitchen and started cooking. I think I cooked for 5 solid hours sitting down only 1 time. I made the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls and the best Lasagna recipe from Cotton Country Cookbook. Talk about an all day cooking marathon! I loved it though.

While I was cooking away, Max and Ann came over for a fun play date. I was sort of being a bad hostess because I was rolling out my cinnamon roll dough while they were here. I was glad that we were able to get the boys together.


I set up my table scape on Friday night and added the flowers today. I just love a good table scape! I think I get this quality from Sandra Lee. I used some left over fabric from the pillows on my bed and whipped it up. I actually got to use my ice beverage glasses for the 2nd time!



Mason and Georgia arrived with their moms and grandmothers. Gammy, Carol, and Leslie came over too. We had a great meal of Lasagna, salad, olive bread, and homemade king cake. Leslie always makes a wonderful Greek salad. Casey made the olive cheese bread from the Pioneer Woman's cookbook. And Erinn made the apple/cream cheese/pecan king cake.

The kids played and made us laugh before we ate. Mason drove Georgia and Bennett around on the 4 wheeler. We were glad that someone knew how to steer! Mason is such a big boy!


After dinner... Here are Carol, Mom, Donna, Leslie, and the back of Sally.

I was so glad that we were all able to get together. This is making me think I need to have my Mother/Daughter brunch again for Mother's Day!...with matching outfits!

I made these for each person to take home for their "party favor!" I used almond extract instead of maple extract for the frosting though.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks again for having us over! The food was great and it was fun to have a girls' night! The cinnamon rolls were so good this morning too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed our cinnamon rolls this morning. I bet I gained 5 pounds from last night and this morning! Thanks again; we had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love PW! You are such a good hostess! I bet everything was fabulous. Also, is that Leslie with some new bangs!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that tablescape! It looks like it's right out of a magazine!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...