Thursday, January 7, 2010

Calendar

For the past 3 years, I've made a personalized family calendar for each of Neil's family members. I want to make one for my side of the family, but we only have 9 people total so it might get sort of old looking at the same people over and over. I have used a different store each year and I am starting to get all the kinks worked out. I think this is the first year I haven't left something off...hopefully! This year, I made a calendar for the Lewis side of the family and had 12 printed. I print one for each of the women in the family so that 2 aren't going to the same household. Janine and Richard generously pay for all of them too! Isn't that awesome? I think so too.

One thing I have figured out with the Lewis side is the amount of "doubled-up" birthdays. There are 365 days in the year and there are 5 days in the year with 2 people having birthdays on the same day. I thought that was interesting.

Anyway for our house, I added some photos of my side of the family. I added their birthdays and anniversaries too! It is so easy to keep up with the 50 birthdays we have by having their picture on their actual birthday.

Here is the month of January.

Here is the whole year.

And here is May! May is my family's busiest month with birthdays. My brother, mom, aunt and uncle are all born in May.

It is so much fun to create the calendar every year. Everyone loves it and goes on and on about it. It makes it nice when I can find a coupon online to get all of the calendars 20-30% off too!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea & wonderful gift! I love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The Martin family does this. I look forward to my calender each year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a calendar this year for my family with Caroline's pictures and snapfish had a buy one get one free coupon. Where did you create this last one. I love the animal print background. I would love to try another company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE this!!! I've made one before for Kenny's dad, but I really like the idea of making one for the whole fam with everyone's bdays & anniversaries!!! And the pics on the days!!!!! I'm totally stealing this idea!! =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...