Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Re-cap

This has been an eventful weekend. Even though we didn't go out of town-we were going non-stop.

Friday: I HAD to make myself study for my Praxis 2. I ran a bunch of errands in the morning. I went to the hospital to visit Ann and she totally helped me study. She drilled me and helped me learn all of the awesome stuff from the study guide. Here's a question for ya: What is oolong? Yea, I didn't know either. It's tea. After my 2 hour study session with Ann...I went home to do a little more studying. No dice. I just cannot study when I can see things that need to be cleaned/folded/put up. Then, I went to get the baby from daycare because I just wanted to have hime here. Having him here made it REALLY hard to study. Grand-Machine was in town for a regatta at the Shreveport Yacht Club. He took us out to dinner at Mare in Shreveport. He spent the night with us too! I think the baby kept him up with his crying. Bennett had a bad night on Friday.

Saturday: I was up bright and early at 5:45 am for my Praxis 2! I got up and met Lynsie at Strawn's so that we could be totally awake and alert for our tests. These 2 future teachers ate some fabulous greasy spoon type food and headed to our tests. We had to be there at 7:30am to start. My test proctors decided to wait for people who were late and we did not start until 8:30...and you have to stay the full 2 hours even if you finish early! I was staring at the wall for a good hour after I finished. Gosh, I hope I pass. I think I might have been studying the wrong stuff...hardly anything I studied was on the test!!! After the test, I went and met Neil and Bennett at the Yacht Club for the regatta. It was neat to see them sailing but, I will have to admit-I had no clue what was happening out there. After the regatta, we went to the Samples house for a crawfish boil and then to the Hanna's for a NFL draft party. Bennett had an action packed-day!

Sunday: We got up and went to Sunday School and church. I am really learning a lot in our Sunday School class. Derek is an awesome teacher. We are studying John. It's taken us about 6 weeks to get through the first chapter and a little bit of the second. Derek really helps me to understand what is going on because he can bring it down to my elementary level! After church, we went to Bistro Byronz with the Montgomery's. We had fun eating brunch and getting to know them. They are a really sweet family from Fort Worth. We came home and Bennett took a little nap. We just hung around the house and made dinner. The Buteaus joined us too.

All in all it was a great weekend. I love being in town and sort-of relaxing. We are getting excited that Nana and Aunt Rebecca are visiting us tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Girl! Ya'll are so busy:). I hope you still have that time when you are a teacher. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! ha! i hope we passed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...